Chapter 91: Daichi Meets Mei

Izuku's POV:

I watched Mei as she continued going through the garage, continuously being fascinated by all the inventions that were left behind by Daichi's father.

Izuku: "There could have been a better way of introducing yourself to them." I said to her as it was just the two of us in the garage.

Mei: "I was just excited to meet them. Nothing else came to mind besides coming here." as she opened another old box that I had briefly glanced at before.

Izuku: "I know how you want to form connections with others in order to stabilize your future as an inventor, but you can't come in here unannounced."

Mei: "I did tell you I was coming over. You even had the whole weekend to prepare." she said, making me sigh as I shake my head, "Besides, forming business partnerships wasn't all I came here for." as she was facing away from me while she used her goggles to closely examine the gadgets.

Before I could question her about what she was talking about, I heard the front open, which didn't go past Mei's ears as she looked excited to find out who it was. Before she could run past through the door, I blocked her in.

Izuku: "Before you go out there unannounced again, let me tell him that he has another guest so that he won't be as surprised as the others." which got her to stop and ponder for a moment before she agreed to my idea.

I sighed in relief as I then walked out the doorway to greet Daichi. After telling him about who Mei was and that she came to visit, he seemed intrigued in meeting her, which was surprising. We went to the garage together and saw Mei was fiddling with the inventions there. I knocked on the doorframe to get her attention, which worked as she turned her head, seeing Daichi, promptly stood straight up and introduced herself.

Mei: "Mei Hatsume. Future Inventor." she said as she raised her hand for a shake.

Daichi: "Daichi Tanaka. I heard some things about you from Izuku" he then shook her hand, "You wouldn't happen to be the daughter of Miss Hatsume-san, the redesigner for Hero costumes?" he questions.

Mei: "Yep. That's my mom." she said proudly, which got a nod from him. He then looks around to see the number of boxes that were taken out of their places.

Daichi: "I see you are interested in my father's inventions." he commented, which made Mei's eyes turn starry as she then rambled on about his father's legacy as an inventor who not only improved the livelihood of heroes but also the civilians as well. He chuckled midway through. "She reminds me of you." making me give him a confused look.

Izuku: "In what way?" I questioned, which made him stare at me before he laughed even louder this time.

Daichi: "I can't believe you don't see it." which made me panic even more since I don't know what he is laughing about.

He calmed down after a while and straightened up, still not telling me what was so funny earlier that made him laugh.

Daichi: "Sorry about that." he then cleared his throat, "Let's get back on topic. What is the purpose of your visit?" he says in a serious tone.

Mei: "To have my assistant help me more with my babies." which made him raise a brow as he then looked at me.

Izuku: "Her babies are her inventions." I whispered as he nodded back and continued to listen to her.

Mei: "And it is also because you're the nephew of the current president of Tanaka Corporations." which made me facepalm. When I looked between my fingers, I saw him looking displeased with her answer.

Daichi: "And why is that important?" he questions, looking angry.

Mei: "Because that means you're a possible future sponsor for my inventions." which only made him angrier.

Daichi: "And makes you think that I'll sponsor you?" he questions, seemingly livid.

Mei: "Because you're the son of Benjiro Tanaka." which made him confused for a moment, "He built inventions to help everybody, trying to improve everyone's lives. I'm inspired to be someone like him, a great inventor who can change the world. I'm not sure why the current company is focusing on weaponry, but if you're going to be in charge, I'm sure you want to return things to the way they were. " she said proudly.

Daichi seemed distraught, speechless, unsure of how to respond. He was silent for a while, which made me worry. He then headed to the doorway, but before he left, he briefly stopped.

Daichi: "I don't know why you have such high expectations for me, but you can come here only with my approval." he then looked behind as he had a solemn smile, "I appreciate everything you said about my dad." he then looked towards me, "among other things." as he then left to go back up to his room.

Mei: "Told you they'll like me." she said enthusiastically, making me drop to my knees as I was relieved that Daichi wasn't mad.

Izuku: "Remember what he said, you need permission to come over here." but when I turned my head to see if she understood the conditions, she was already in the box fiddling with them. I dropped flat to the ground as my mind couldn't handle any more stress for the day.

No one's POV:

Ichika can be seen on top of her bed, curled into a ball as she didn't like the idea of Mei hanging at her home, but she was interested in seeing the inventions she has made by herself. Conflicted about how she should feel, she decided to distract herself. She went over to one of her stuffed plushies and unzipped it, which revealed a messy cardboard contraption that had a circuit board, lights, and wires attached to it. She pulls out a box, that had some broken electronics, from underneath her bed, as she then begins fiddling with the parts to find what else she can add to her current contraception.

Meanwhile, as Daichi was placing his bags down in his room, he sighed as he then took a seat on his bed.

Daichi: 'Another person I have to look out for.' he thought as he then changes into regular clothes before going downstairs for dinner.