Chapter 21: Another Spar

Izuku's POV

As we both stay in our stances, neither of us moving for a while, I dash head in for Daichi with an uppercut. He caught my uppercut with both hands as he then starts twisting my arm in the other direction as he then tries to knee me in the back. I quickly did a backflip jump, avoiding the knee attack and going in the same direction towards where he was twisting my arm, setting myself free.

We both jump back to readjust ourselves. I rush at him again with what looks like an uppercut to him but I quickly switch it to an elbow strike to the chin as I stomped on his foot from backing away. The hit connected but I received a karate chop at the neck which made us tumble sideways.

([Source: Baki] Imagine the move looked like this but there was a reaction when Daichi was hit)

I quickly grab his neck as I use it to swing behind him, locking him in a chokehold. I hear Ichika cheering us from her seat, which made me distracted for me to lose my grip. Daichi took advantage of that instance as he reaches over his shoulders to grab me, which he then slams me over his head into the ground.

([Source: Baki] Imagine the chokehold looked like this but Daichi is having a hard time breathing)

Izuku: *cough* "Hey, no fair, interference." which he just smirks at.

Daichi: "If we want to be heroes, we must be able to focus on the objective without letting things cloud our mind." I just smiled at that which made me grab one of his legs as I swung my lower body, while still on the floor, to knee him in the shins.

He drops to the ground from the sudden attack by me.

Izuku: "And I thought I said that you can use your quirk in this fight, stop holding back." Daichi just smirks at my comment as he closes his eyes.

Daichi: "THUNDERSTORM!"

I quickly jumped back before his quirk activated.

Daichi: "You are so going down." He said energetically.

In the past 3 years I've known him, his quirk has gotten stronger. The effects of the weather he chooses emit a stronger version of the typical weather and he can cast his own domain that is 5 meters (roughly 15 feet) from his body of the weather he is using.