Chapter 35: Gift Searching Pt. 3

Izuku's POV

I was back at school the next day and I still haven't figured out what I should give her. I was busy in my own thoughts with nobody distracting me, which is probably the one good thing about people not caring about me since I can be alone in my own thoughts for a while.

Classes ended and I was so distracted that I didn't notice Kacchan calling my name.

Izuku: 'She can buy anything she wants and make anything she wants, so I have to get her something that is new and something she will enjoy, but what?' as I was lost in my own train of thought, I finally heard a large explosion set off on top of my desk. "Eep," I yelled out as I was surprised by the loud explosion.

Katsuki: "DEKU!" he says looking infuriated. "So you think you can ignore me huh?" he said menacingly.

Izuku: "Ka-Kacchan! I wasn't. I just didn't hear y-you." I said as I revert to my nervous self.

Katsuki: "Oh really? Well, let's test your hearing then?"

He then places his hand near my face with the palm facing away as he set off a loud explosion. I quickly grabbed my ear as it started ringing.

Katsuki: "It appears that your hearing is fine, that means that you really were ignoring me!" He yells while getting angry.

He sets off an explosion on one of my shoulders, one on my stomach, and one on my thigh.

Katsuki: "That's punishment for ignoring me. Each one for every time you ignored me calling you." he says before leaving me on the ground in pain.

Many of the students witness this but choose to ignore me since all of them can think that it doesn't matter what happens to me since I'm quirkless. I couldn't just stay there since I had training today, so I went to grab my bookbag and slowly left the room. On my way to sensei's place, I was still thinking of a gift for Yaoyorozu.

We resumed training in the shooting range underground, this time he handed me a M25, or a sniper rifle. I began shooting at the targets as I was alone in my own thoughts.

Izuku: 'How about-  no, that won't be good. Oh, what if, can't afford the materials.' While I was in my own thoughts, I was suddenly hit at the top of my head. "Ow, what was that for sensei?" I ask him.

Akio: "You're distracted. You're missing and wasting resources, it's not training but randomly shooting." as he points towards the targets. I look at all of my shots and realized that all of my shots are everywhere, there is no indication of me aiming. "Come follow me. It seems that you have a lot going on your mind." he then leaves for the stairwell.

I got off from the ground as I followed him. We headed to the place where I would sometimes eat and told me to wait there as he left the room. I took a seat on the tatami as I looked out the open window to enjoy the nice view of the sky.

A few minutes had passed and Sensei came back with a tray of tea and set it down on the table as he took his own seat. He silently poured out the tea into two cups and gave me one. Wondering what he was going to say, I looked at him to see that he already started drinking, so I started doing the same. We silently drank in peace until we both set down our tea at the same time.

Akio: "So what's on your mind?" he finally asks.

I told him about how I wanted to give a gift to Yaoyorozu and how I am her first friend she ever had due to her being homeschooled and a lot of kids were trying to curry favor with her, making them fake friends. Sensei took in all the information as he nodded along.

Akio: "I see. So you've been distracted because of a girl." he says while smirking.

Izuku: "Well more complicated than that but yes."

He then sits there quietly as he thinks to himself while crossing his arms, then he finally asks me a question.

Akio: "What can be given but can never be replaced?" I thought deeply to myself until I came up with an answer.

Izuku: "A limited edition hero merch?" I see him sigh while shaking his head.

Akio: "What do you feel when you first get it?"

Izuku: "Probably happy and joyful because I may have worked so hard to get it."

Akio: "Let's say the first one broke due to someone breaking it and they replaced it, what do you do?"

Izuku: "I calm down as my urge to kill that person recedes."

Akio: "What about the broken figure? It's no longer worth anything, so do you throw it out?"

Izuku: "No. I would probably still keep it for the memories I had with it."

Akio: "There you go, that's your answer." I looked at him confusingly as I still had no idea what he was talking about, which made him sigh once again. "The happy memories you had can never be replaced with another object." That's when the realization hit me and I had a vague idea of what I can do to give to Yaayorozu.

Izuku: "Thank you so much sensei!" as I do a dogeza.

Akio: "No worries. Now that we have wasted time, I think I should make you train harder for the time you slacked off and the time it took to have this conversation." he says with a calm smile.

I shivered as that smile meant he was going to make me work like hell. I spent the next hour doing what no normal person can do for even a minute. I went home exhausted as I just plop onto the bed.

Izuku: "I'm pretty sure that sensei is the devil's reincarnate." I said while I laid in bed for about half an hour before I got up and went to my desk. 'Now then, what song should I write for Yaoyorozu. This is the first time I'm writing a song that's meant for the dedicated person to hear.' Izuku thought before he started writing drafts for songs.

Author's Note:

Hello again readers, I would like to say that the next chapter for the "What if... (Dekuverse)" will be out on Sunday. Sorry if this chapter feels somewhat lazy, I spent a long time writing the chapter for the other story, and once again, it's over 3000 words. Anyways, thanks for reading, and have a good day.