Chapter 87: Report

Izuku's POV:

When I went to Ichika's room, I saw her looking sad as she was playing with her toys. When I knocked at the door frame to alert her that I was here, she looked at me with great excitement but she held it in and stiffly walked towards me.

Ichika: "Took you long enough to wake up."

Izuku: "The treats are ready." ignoring her scolding, which got her even more excited as she ran downstairs to smell the aroma of the baked goods.

I slowly followed after her as I then saw her enjoying the pierce treat from the tray. I grabbed a cup of water to replenish myself after suffering many heatwaves and then we quietly enjoyed the treats as we watched the T.V. for her favorite show.

Izuku: "Where's Daichi?" as I didn't see him around when I came down. Their faces were disheartened when I asked about his whereabouts.

Ichika: "He left again without saying anything." she said, slightly peeved as she took a large bite of her treat.

Hiro: "So how was it sparring against the young master when you were allowed to use weapons?" He questions as he wanted to change the topic.

Izuku: "Mind opening. Although I have experience in shooting a variety of firearms, along with other projectiles, I have no experience in using them in combat. I might need to buy some BB guns and program the drones so that they are practical for my training." As I took out one of my notebooks to write down the training regime for me to get used to using guns in practical situations.

Ichika: "And there he goes again." I could barely hear her as I was too focused on my notebook.

After I finished adjusting my training regime in my notebook, I noticed that an hour had passed by. I took out the UCS from a secret pocket in my bag as I then scanned the recent pages on my notebook to store digitally. I looked around to see that Ichika was laying on the floor, watching the TV while Suzuki-san was washing the dishes.

Izuku: "So did you get the chance to finish your homework?" I asked as I felt like I was being left behind.

Ichika: "Yes." she said annoyed as she was too focused on the TV.

I could tell that I annoyed her since I ignored her the past hour.

Izuku: "Want to play a game?" I suggested, which got her to perk right back up as she looked excited.

We played house for hours until it was time for me to go. I went to bed, still feeling like that I had forgotten something. The next day, it was just like any other normal day, unfortunately, that meant Kaachan was back to threatening me whenever I did the smallest thing that angered him.

During my extended rounds of practices to refamiliarize my body after missing over two weeks of training, sensei had a curious look on his face.

Akio: "Mind telling me what yesterday was about?" he questions.

Izuku: "Due to missing out on training, my body became sluggish, which ended in my defeat." I answered him as I figured that I had passed out from Daichi's heat waves.

Akio: "You don't remember do you?" he questions as his face got serious.

Izuku: "Remember what?" I question as I did my 70th sidekick.

Akio: "Nothing. If it doesn't happen again it's not a problem." He said as he leaned against the pillar, making me confused about what he was talking about.

The rest of my training was spent on reworking my body with nothing too serious. The week then followed the same schedule I had: school, training, then hanging out. It was Friday now, and instead of hanging out at Daichi's place, I was with Mei in the forest as I was assisting her with her latest creation.

Mei: "So Muscles, anything new that you're currently working on?" She questions since she was curious about my progress with the nanobot project.

Izuku: "Not really," while I tightened the bolt on her latest creation.

Mei: "C'mon. You've got to give me more than that." as she did some final measurements on her baby using the goggles I gave to her as a present.

Izuku: "What is this baby supposed to do anyway?" I asked, trying to change the subject while I took a step back to see what appears to be a boiler the size of a small car.

Mei: "This baby here takes in all the air around to heat it up, creating pressurized heated air, and when I open this hatch here, it'll release a boom of air that can knock out a tree." she said with excitement.

Izuku: "Wouldn't it explode if it is kept in there for too long?" I question as I worry for my own safety.

Mei: "Maybe. That's why we're here to test it out." as she then pushed one of the buttons to start up her baby.

The start sounded fine, but then we heard something break inside of it. I immediately grabbed my bag and Mei as I rushed for the closet boulder and got behind it for protection. The thing exploded, causing a deafening boom that could probably be heard throughout the forest.

Mei: "That was some great testing." were the words that I depicted she said as I couldn't hear anything but a ringing noise.

I shook my head while I laughed at how Mei still seemed unfazed by this. I felt her tapping on my shoulder, wanting me to tell me something. She pulled out a small notepad as she wrote out the words "Let's clean up?", to which I nod as we then started picking up the scraps of metal from the surrounding area.

No one's POV:

Akane: "I'M BACK!" she said cheerfully as she kicked open a door to a dark room with a round table.

???#4: "It took you nearly three weeks to get back?" one of the shadowy figures questions.

Akane: "There was a slight delay." as she acted a bit goofy.

Hiroto: "She wanted to go sightseeing for a bit."

Akane: "Boo, traitor." as she playfully smacked him repeatedly.

???#2: "We heard about your failure in Japan." which got Akane to stop playing around and acted neutral.

Akane: "The group showed good results during the first half, but then they slightly got conceited about their new tech. They were all low-level thugs we found on the streets though, so no real harm." she said in a playful tone at the end.

???#5: "We still lost a candidate for a captain through this." as they were displeased with the results.

Akane: "A man who can't adjust to new changes isn't fit for our organization. Especially if he lost to a child."

???#2: "A child you say? Your jokes are getting-" but they paused when they saw the seriousness in her eyes,

Akane: "I may be the youngest and act foolish at times, but I'm being serious. A kid figured out something was wrong and even handled the leader." as her voice turned cold.

???#3: "Why wasn't this in the news?"

Akane: "One of the heroes took credit." which got the members riled up a bit.

???#1: "Despite the failure, we can learn from our mistakes that we shouldn't only consider the heroes, but the civilians as well." which got some subtle nods, "We'll continue sending members to Japan to establish a new base. And Akane," which got her attention. "Do you happen to know this child's name?"

Akane: "Izuku Midooriya."