chapter 1 - school

Start from the beginning

"How are you?" I ask her and she smiles, closing her locker while I open mine. My locker is pretty clean, with small pictures of me and my friends and a small mirror on the sides and even have a hanger to put my jacket on.

"Great! What about you?"

"I'm fine, thanks." I smile and put my jacket on the hanger, getting my history and math books.

"Hello ladies." Jake smiles and leans against the lockers, greeting Lisa and I.

"Hey Jakey, had a nice weekend?" I ask him and he nods.

"Yea, I went to an Barcelona soccer game with my dad." He tells and I widen my eyes

"You went to Barcelona?" I ask and he chuckles as he nods, "I did, it was amazing. God the weather was fucking amazing!"

"Did you see Neymar? Was he good?" I ask excitedly and he laughs, nodding his head. Neymar is my favourite player and my best friend saw him play, that's amazing!

"Isn't he always?" Jake teases and I grin, nodding my head.

"What did you do this weekend?" He asks and both him and Lisa look at me as I shrug my shoulders.

"Not much to be honest, just a bit of drawing." I laugh and Lisa shakes her head, pointing her index finger at me.

"I know that one day, one of your work is hanging in the museum." She says in a serious tone and I laugh, closing my locker.

"I doubt that Li, but thanks for thinking that."

We walk to class, which happened to be history and we sat down on our seats. Lisa and I next to each other while Jake sits behind us.

"Where is Dems?" I frown and Jake shrugs, looking around him. Demi is the fourth member of our group, but always happen to be late.

"Good morning class!" The teachers walks in and Demi runs in, breathing heavily as she sits down next to Jake.

The teacher didn't even notice as he started talking about The Great War, but none of us payed attention, which is probably the reason we were failing but hey, everyone knows about The Great War right?

"Don't forget to make your homework!" He said before the bell rang and we stood up.

"This subject is harder than I thought." Jake breathes out and I laugh.

"Maybe you should pay attention then."

"Yeah, but that's the hardest bit. How can you even pay attention to anything that man is saying, he talks so slow. I always fall asleep in his class, especially in..." He trailed off, looking at him phone, "Half past nine in the fucking morning."

"Maybe you shouldn't stay up and play video games then." Demi shrugged and Jake rolled his eyes, they are step brother and sister. Always teasing each other and trying to get each other very annoyed. I wish I had a sibling, maybe a little sister.

"I don't play video games Demi." He groans and Demi raises her eyebrows, putting her hand on her hip and stays sassy. I never met a person who is as sassy as she is.

"Then why do I hear you talking in the middle of the night?

"Well, good luck with math you two. I'll see you at lunch." Jake smiles dismisses while he ignores Demi and walks to his next class. Demi rolled her eyes and turned to us, sighing deeply.

"I swear I heard him talking."

Lisa and I laugh and the three of us walk to math. This is the class I dislike the most, the people in this class were very annoying and extremely nosy. The teacher wasn't good either and doesn't even teach, he just gives up work to do and then watches shows on his computer.