RANDY || Moving On

|| Moving On || AU

тнιѕ ιѕ вαѕє∂ σи αи ι∂єα fяσм тнє иєтfℓιχ ѕнσω 'тнє ρσℓιтι¢ιαи' 

*WARNING*: Suicide (graphic-ish) just a warning.

Enjoy 🤷‍♀️,
+++

Andy -

There were five moments in my life of when I saw him after what had happened. 

The first one was the day after.

*** ***

I trudged my way into my room, it was cold and empty. This was the first time I had walked in it in months. I would always go into Rye's. I would sleep there, I would hang out there, and even some of my stuff would be there.

His room was like our own sanctuary. No one would disturb, except the occasional storm ins by Brook with his weird questions, but over time he realised from our numerous demands and screams that he should just go disturb someone else.

So we were the only ones in that room, it became like a home to me. I would always spend my time there, my own room becoming just a storage room. For any clothes or other bits and bobs that I needed.

I sat on my bed, looking around the cold room. I sigh out of tiredness. I have been up all night, sitting, pacing and crying at the police station. What Rye did, had played through my head so many times that it hurt to think of anything else. My whole world had disappeared with one gunshot.

I hadn't really talked to him all day yesterday, we were all busy trying to get everything sorted for Jack and Brook's wedding. The ceremony was done and we were all at the afterparty. I was one of Brook's groomsmen and he had been stressing out all day.

In the end everything turned out great and so I decided to see where Rye had gone off too. I had found him on top of the roof, a place he always liked. Just looking out on the city, watching cars and people rush by. And the moon or sun shining over, creating a glow around everything. It was his favourite place.

Was... I saw him there standing looking out in the city. It was the night so It was dark and I didn't see what was in his hand until he spun around and faced me. As I stepped closer to him I had a clear view of his face.

He had bloodshot eyes and light streaks of moisture down his cheeks. His hair in all different places and his tie had been so loose against his chest.

I looked down at his hand and saw the metal weapon between his fingers. The moon shining off it, my heart had fell down to my stomach. My eyes glazed over with tears and I didn't know what to do.

He stepped closer to me with a small tear sliding down his cheek. "Rye, what's going on?"

He lifted his hand up to my cheek and caressed it, wiping away a tear that I didn't know had fallen. "I really do love you... I'm sorry." He stepped back and pressed the gun against his temple and the next few minutes had gone dead silent.

All life that was left in him had disappeared and a splatter of crimson red had hit my face. I stared at the city in shock not believing anything. I was afraid to look down, I was afraid if I did it would all just crash down on me. It would become too real.

But the door behind me had opened and frantic people started to crowd me. I was numb and I couldn't move. Even when I felt Brook and Sonny pushing me back away from the scene, every part of my body felt numb.