Chapter 27- Run away kids

Zak's POV

I just got back home from a night out with Aaron, the kids are fine and went to tidy Charlie's room. About 5 minutes later I got a glass of water for me and Aaron and went into the living room. He picked up a piece of paper maybe?

"What's that?" I asked.

"Paper aeroplane telling you to read it" Aaron said confused. I took it off him. Were the kids playing with us? I opened it up and it read

"Zak

By the time you read this me and my brothers will have gone as run away, we can't stay here, I have to protect them, we have to protect each other, all we have is each other now, you're probably wondering what I am talking about...I could smell it on you, the alcohol, and when I was breathing heavily it's because I paniced and got scared not cause of the stairs, I didn't tell you all about my parents, well, dad, I was scared to but it's all done now.

I love you always as my idol Zak

Love Charlie"

I dropped the paper and ran upstairs to Charlie's room.

"Zak! Bro, what is it?" I heard Aaron running after me. He opened the paper and read the note as I froze. I started crying.

"I scared her Aaron, we scared them, they've run away and taken clothes and her laptop" I cried out. I phoned Nick and it was engaged for about 5 minutes at least, who was he talking to? I finally got through to him.

"Hey Zak, what's going on?" Nick sounded very worried.

"The, the kids have run away" I struggled to say.

"Crap! I just got off the phone to Charlie, I had suspicions but I couldn't find out where they are" Nick said.

"Hey bro, she took her laptop, I can track her down providing she hasn't removed the battery which is unlikely" Aaron said getting his laptop.

"Yes, do it man, I need to find my daughter, you need to find your boys" I said.

"Why did they run away?" Nick asked still on the phone to me, I had him on speaker.

"We scared them, we had a drink, she smelt it, she went, something with her dad" I informed him.

"I got their location" Aaron quickly said.

"Where? Where the fuck are they bro?" I asked demanding an answer.

"Err, at Nick's?" Aaron said confused.

"You have our kids Nick?" I asked annoyed.

"No no, I don't, it's just me and Annabelle" Nick said sounding innocent.

"We're coming to look at yours, they're not moving" I said after looking at Aaron's screen, I rushed out the door with Aaron at my tail and we ran to Nick's. He opened the door as we got there.

"I checked house, no sign, didn't check the garden" Nick told us. We all went to search the garden. Nick checked the shed and and me and Aaron checked the hedges hopefully finding them and not a ditched laptop.

Nick's POV

I saw a bright light in the shed and I looked and found them.

"Guys, be quiet, you need to come out your dads are worried sick" I said.

"Look, we're not here ok" Charlie said.

"Ok" I said "Zak, Aaron" I called "They're not here" I said gesturing that they are.

Zak's POV

I went to the shed quietly and went into find the kids.

"Go away Zak, Nick I trusted you!" Charlie shouted.

"Shh, it's ok Charlie, I got your note, I'm not drunk ok, and I won't drink again if you want ok, I didn't know you guys are scared of alcohol, I'm sorry" I said.

"Ok, I'm sorry...dad, please don't drink again" She begged.

"If that's what you want, what does alcohol have to do with your father?" I asked.

"He...was always drunk, 24/7, that's why he abused us" She confessed.

"You shoulda told me" I said hugging her. Aaron took the boys and we all went home.

"I'm sorry we ran away dad" Charlie said.

"It's ok, just promised you won't again, you worried me sick, I cried, I never cry, I promise to never touch alcohol from now on" I said to her, she smiled in agreement, we hugged and went to bed. We slept in my bed for tonight as I was shaken up and didn't want her out of my sight, I wrapped my arm around her and fell asleep.

***********************************************************

Hey guys, here is another update still more to come, thanks for over 3,000 reads, that is incredible! I will update in about a weeks time...hope you liked this one...sorta

I have now finally written chapter 31 :)

Thanks again everyone!