Chapter 70- I like you

Over the last couple of weeks I've grown closer to Devon, I think I might like him, he's super sweet and I know at first he was a little glued to me, but he cares about me and wants to be there, he has given me some space though which was nice of him. Zak knows about Devon now, he thinks he's an ok lad, but I think he prefers Alex, I like Alex but it seems that since Devon got here Alex has given me loads of space, he doesn't talk to me as much, I think he's trying to avoid Devon and Devon is usually with me so, that'll explain the distance. I don't think Devon is too keen on Alex anyway, but there's nothing I can do about that.

"Guess who?" Someone asks from behind me as they put their hands over my eyes.

"Maybe Devon?" I guess. He let's go and I turn around to face him and we hug.

"How are you today?" He asks.

"I'm great, how are you?" I ask him.

"Not too bad, even better now I know you're happy" He says putting a smile on my face.

"Hey Charlie" Alex say as he approaches us.

"Alright Alex?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm good, I just wanted to say hi but I've gotta run" He says and gives me a quick hug.

"See you later Alex" I say, he looks at Devon as he walks away.

"He really doesn't like me being near you" Devon says.

"Well that's his problem, you're new and settling down here, we're good friends" I say.

"Yeah about that" He says.

"About what?" I ask.

"Us being friends, Charlie, I know we haven't known each other very long, but you've been there for me since day one, and I'm comfortable with you and that, I like you Charlie" He says.

"You, like me?" I ask a bit shocked.

"Yeah, as in I really like you, I wondered if I could take you out tonight or something?" He asks.

"Yeah sure, I'd love that, I'm sure my dad will be ok with it" I say.

"How come you didn't tell me that your dad is Zak Bagans?" He asks.

"It never came up in conversation, plus anyone at this school finds out at some point, you found out cause you saw him pick me and my brothers up" I say.

"Yeah" He says.

"And about us hanging out, I can't do tonight, Zak is doing a live video about the new episode of Ghost Adventures when I get back from here, and then the new episode will be on, so I gotta be home for that cause it's the first episode I'm in" I say.

"It's cool, we can do it tomorrow night then, I don't mind, I'll be sure to watch the show" He says.

"Oh and Devon, I like you too"  I say with a grin.

"Really? You do?" He asks.

"Yeah, you're cute, you're kind, quite protective in a good way, you always make sure I'm ok" I say.

"Great, that's great, that definitely calls for a date" He says.

"Tomorrow night" I say.

"Tomorrow night it is, we better get to class" He says as the bell rings.

"You got the same as me?" I ask.

"I've got English, you?" He asks. I nod yes and we both go to lesson. We sit together with Rhydian the other end of the table and Alex next to him, every once in a while he'll glance our way, I think he might be jealous, he likes me I can tell, I like him but he's been so distant since Devon arrived and I think I like Devon more.