Chapter 89 - Life goes on

I am finally going back to school today, I am better and of course Zak has told my brothers to keep an eye on me anyway, so protective, but I get that he just wants me to be ok. I'm not excited about going back to school, but I am looking forward to seeing Ashlee, Mark, Dani and Alex again.

"Charlie, are you ready?" I hear Zak call.

"Yeah, I'm coming down now" I say. I grab my stuff and go downstairs.

"Breakfast and meds, then we gotta pick up the boys" Zak says as I get to the kitchen, I sit down by my pancakes and I am passed a glass of water, I take my meds and start eating.

"I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again" I say as I eat.

"Good, I'm looking forward to a few hours without you" He says, I squint at him.

"But I'm awesome to be around" I say.

"For a few hours, don't flatter yourself sweetie" He says so my squint turns into a frown.

"Well I like being away from you too" I say.

"I was joking, but I am glad that you're back to school today, it means you're better" He says. I finish my breakfast and it's time to go, we stop by Aaron's and get the boys and we're dropped off at school.

"A couple of weeks back at this place and then it's christmas" I say.

"Yeah, boys, keep an eye on her for me, if she-" I interrupt Zak.

"Dad stop, I'm fine and will be fine" I say.

"I do apologise for caring, anyway go, have a good day, stay out of trouble, all 3 of you" He says, we get out of the car and go in.

"Tommy, Rhyd, Charlie wait up" I hear behind us, we all turn around and see Alex.

"Hey Alex" I say.

"Hey, it's good to see you back, sorry I didn't visit, but I'm glad you're good now" He says.

"It's ok, I'm great, thanks" I say.

"Where's Ashlee, Dani and Mark?" Rhyd asks.

"I think they beat us here" Alex says. We go in and find them hanging around outside a classroom.

"Charlie you're back!" Ashlee says practically screaming and gives me a tight hug.

"Ashlee, can't breathe" I say hugging her back, she lets go quickly.

"Oh my god sorry, did I hurt you? I'm just excited that you're back" She says.

"I can see that, I'm fine you didn't hurt me" I say. I see Dani and Mark holding hands.

"Good to see you back Charlie" Mark says.

"Yeah, it's good to be back, I think, you're not gonna hug me until I can't breathe are you?" I ask as a joke.

"No you're safe with me, after all you've been through I won't be the one to kill you" He says and we all laugh.

"How is everything?" I ask Dani while pointing to a forming bump.

"Everything is good, obviously I do get the odd people around here with nasty comments, but I don't care, me and baby are fine, erm, have you thought about what I asked your dad?" She asks. What did she ask Zak?

"I don't know-" I say and am interrupted by her.

"It's ok if you don't want to, I understand" She says.

"Well I don't know what you asked Zak, so I can't say I have thought about it" I say.

"Oh, well, you were in your coma and Mark and I visited, I'm sure he just forgot to mention it, he was focussing on getting you better" She says.

"Ok, Dani what did he ask, I won't be mad, I understand the situation he's been in" I say.

"I asked if you or he would be the baby's godparent" She says.

"Wait what? You want me to be godparent" I ask surprised.

"Yeah or Zak, he didn't say yes or no, he said that you'd both need to think about it, but don't worry, there's loads of time, we're not planning anything for the baby until they're about a year old" She says.

"Oh, ok, well I'll definitely think about it, thanks for the offer" I say.

"Well we trust that if anything were to happen to us, you and, or Zak will be a great parent" Mark says. It is time to go to our class so we do, Maths first, then English, we have break and then Sport, of course Mr Davies keeps an eye on me, how long is it going to take to convince everyone that I'm fine? It is soon home time and just as I'm about to find Zak to pick us up, Alex catches up with me to talk about something on his mind.

"Alex, are you ok?" I ask as we stand in an empty classroom.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just wanna do something real quick, don't talk" He says, I do as he says and I don't talk, out of nowhere he quickly kisses me, I stand still not knowing what to do, how to react. But it does remind me of when Caleb kissed me. He pulls away and I stand there speechless. "Charlie, say something" Alex says.

"Err, erm, I don't, really, know what to say" I say confused.

"After what happened to you, you nearly dying, I didn't wanna miss a chance again, I wanted to kiss you earlier but your brothers were around" He says. My phone starts ringing. Zak.

"Sorry Alex, it's my dad" I say and answer the phone. "Hi dad" I say.

"Charlie, where are you? Me and the boys are waiting in the car" He says.

"Yeah, I badly needed to pee, I'm on my way out now, see you in a minute" I say and hang up.

"So.." Alex says.

"I'm really sorry Alex, I know it seems like I'm running but they're waiting, I've got to go, I'll see you tomorrow, we can talk" I say.

"Oh, err, ok then, bye" He says we wave andI leave the classroom, I start speed walking to Zak. What the hell just happened?First Caleb kisses me, now Alex! I think I just started a love triangle! 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ok I know that I haven't updated for a while, sorry! I have writers block, this isn't a big chapter, it's more just so I have updated again as it's been too long.. I hope this is good!

What will Charlie do now? 

Should she go for Caleb or Alex?

Will she and/or Zak decide for or against being Ashlee's baby's godparent?

Let me know what you think in the comments! 

Thanks for reading!!!!

Stay safe and happy, keep reading, it's good for ya :P