127. Maybe Nightmares Do Come True Too!

Hey you lovely people! I hope you're all enjoying your new year so far! What resolutions have you taken for yourself?

I am thinking of writing a guest post on nearlycomplete.net about writing since I've been getting a lot of queries on that lately. Do you want me to address on any particular topics? Please do let me know in the comments! And I hope you enjoy this chapter!

This week's 'Cliffer of the Week' title goes to preshywaamos Thank you for all the lovely votes!

I would like to dedicate this week's chapter toAzurefed and also congratulate faqeera2004 for the success on your story so far! Please do check out the story and support a fellow author!

*************
Cath's POV:

The moment I opened the door, it collided with something hard, making a loud noise erupted. It wasn't too loud to be heard outside, but it was there nonetheless; something like a huge box tumbling down a drain. Only when I heard a groan follow did I realise what, or who might have caused the noise.

I rushed in immediately and shut the door behind me. I stood still for a while, staring at the figure lying sprawled on the floor clutching his nose. A small giggle erupted involuntarily, but I shut up immediately when he glared, and decided that it was better to take care of him at the the moment than make him angry any more than he already was.

I kneeled beside him and helped him sit up on the floor. "Are you okay?"

"I am fine." He groaned, and shrugged my hand away before he got up and walked to the kitchen sink. He turned on the tap and let the water run through his bleeding hand. The sight of the blood dripping down his hand fazed my gaze.

Slowly my vision blurred as I kept staring at it and I couldn't look away from it either. A sinister laugh drifted in the air, bringing back the memory of a broken green bottle in my hand, and blood dripping down my fingers; my hands pressing down on the bottle even more which stung the cuts scattered all over my hand.

My legs buckled, and I held onto the kitchen counter to hold myself up. Almost immediately Michael rushed towards my side, and held me in his arms. "Hey, you okay?"

I blinked a couple of times, trying to adjust my eyes to the dim yellow lights. My vision blurred even more and all I could hope was that the figure holding me upright was Michael and no one else. I felt a few taps on my chin before my vision cleared, and Michael came into view.

"What's wrong?" He looked concerned, and I hugged him tightly. "You're here?"

He soothed my back. "Yes, I am. Tell me what's wrong."

I pulled away immediately, and my eyes travelled automatically to his blood filled hands. "Y-You s-should t-take c-care o-of t-that."

He frowned as he looked between me and his hand. "Does it make you uncomfortable?"

I nodded and his eyes softened. He kissed my forehead before he rushed off to the hall. I took the time to steady my breathing and sat down on the stool. A sinister laugh echoed in my ear again and I looked around, but no one was around.

"You're alone." A voice whispered in my ear and I whipped my head around. Another laugh again. "And he's going to die."

I immediately stood up from my seat and rushed to the hall to find it empty. My pulse throbbed in my throat as I found him missing. "Michael! Michael!" I called out to him but there was no sound.