131. Show Me Why I Loved You In The First Place!

I would like to dedicate this week's chapter to 6870ms

No more words! Here's the chapter!

****************

Michael's POV:

Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots!

The song played on for the third time, and I would have thrown the phone to the ground if it weren't my own. Only Sam could think of a caller tune of this sort.

The mobile number you are trying to reach is unavailable to take your call at the moment. Please try a-

I declined the call, and pressed the green coloured button near her contact again. If she didn't answer the call, I was going to block her forever, both on my phone, and from my life.
But annoyingly, she had decided to attend the call at the moment. How my life would have been so different if she hadn't!

"Hey..." She yawned. Had she been sleeping all the while I had been boiling down here? Or maybe freezing would be the right word since it felt like it was almost 0 degrees.

"Had your dose of some beautiful sleep?" I bit my lips to keep myself from shouting. She should have noticed the strain in my voice, but Sam being Sam didn't. Or maybe she did, and simply chose to ignore it.

"Yeah!" She chirped. "How did you find out?"

"I have a spyware installed at your house."

"You did?" She sounded surprised. "That's cool. Where is it?"

"In your fucking dreams! Now tell me my sweet little Sammy, why am I in Kensington park again?" I would have ended this fruitless search if it weren't for Francis's message stating that indeed Cath had taken up a flight earlier in the morning. Now all that's left was to find out where she was, and Sam wasn't making it any easier.

"Oh you're there already?" She chuckled. "I meant to say this earlier, but there's been a mistake. You need to be at Kensington park road, not the 'park park'."

"And why am I hearing about this only now?"

"Maybe it just slipped my mind?"

"SLIPPED YOUR MIND? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I HAVE BEEN ROAMING DOWN HERE FOR THE PAST HALF HOUR, FREEZING IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE SEARCHING FOR SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW, AND NOW YOU TELL ME THERE'S BEEN A MISTAKE?"

"Well, I am only human."

"If only you were here.."

"Your wish is my command." The voice made me turn around only to find the devil herself. The black dress she wore, paired with a pair of black pumps just made her seem even more hellish. "Hi, best friend." She waved her hand like a little angel would. How ironic!

"I am firing you from the position. I am picking someone else more eligible for the role."

She rolled her eyes, and dragged me to the exit, or at least that's what I hoped it was. "You don't need to waste your time. I am the best you're ever going to get. Anyways, let's cut to the chase. Come on, let's keep going."

She tugged my hand harder, and I stopped. "And get myself lost in this labyrinth once again? No thank you!"

"Don't be a spoilsport. Come on, you weigh like an elephant!"