39. Because I Love You!

Hey guys, I really didn't think I would have finished this chapter today, let alone update it. But I still did so for my lil baby sister who is so eager to gets her hands at Michael again. But she probably wouldn't for a while since she is going to sleep now. So sorry baby for that! And so here's the story...

**********************************

Sam's POV:

The taxi stopped in front of our house. It was almost midnight and the whole street was silent and dark. Glancing out at the house seemed like it had been pretty long since I had been here. But it had been hardly three days. The most striking part was though that I left the place as a different person and a lot had happened in these last three days to change me entirely.

In addition to that, my relationship with those around me had changed completely too. I got three new friends who I can trust with all of my heart inspite of the short span of time we had known each other. I got myself and old man who was more like a mentor to me. The relationship with my childhood best friend was completely strained and not to mention that I was away from another bestie for the first time in forever.

But the one that was most disturbing was with the man who was watching my every move from the front seat. How did I know that? Because I was doing the same through the same rear view mirror that he watched me. I couldn't stand his piercing gaze any longer. I quickly exited the taxi and walked towards the front door. Realising that I hadn't paid for the cab yet, I turned around on my heel.

It seemed that Daniel had already paid for it and was now walking towards me. His eyes held mine as he stepped towards me. I stood frozen on my spot till he was just a few feet away from me. Regaining my senses, I shook my head and turned around towards the door.

I opened my handbag and searched through the contents for the key. My mind was occupied with some things that I shouldn't be thinking of like staying alone with Daniel, making it harder for me to find the bunch of keys. Once I found it, I tried to insert the right one into the hole but my shaking hands didn't allow me to complete the simple task of opening the door.

"May I help?" A bold voice echoed in my ears, making me jump up in fear with a loud shriek. I dropped the key in the process and placed my hand over my pounding heart to calm me down.

Daniel chuckled as he bent down to retrieve the key from the floor. "Didn't know that you were capable of giving a girlish shriek." The amusement in his voice made me blush and I turned away in embarrassment. I mentally scolded myself for humiliating myself for the hundredth time in front of him and it didn't make me feel any better.

Daniel inserted the key into the keyhole and opened the door easily, unlike me. He pushed it open, letting me enter it first. "Thanks." I muttered under my breath and rushed inside as fast as I could with two heavy bags on my hand.

I climbed up the stairs, ran inside my room and shut the door, making a loud noise echo throughout the silent house. The bags slipped out from my hands to the floor as I pressed my back against the door.

The whole house was silent except for my panting breath and the sound of soft footsteps outside my room. I didn't even move to switch on the room light as the sound came nearer and nearer till it came to a stop in front of my door.

I slowly turned around and pressed my ear onto the door. A faint sound of someone breathing heavily filled my ears. For a second, I thought it was my own breath but it wasn't. A wide grin formed on my lips slowly as I imagined Daniel and I leaning against the door on either side just like in the movies.