15. Let's Do Something We Might Regret!

"Strength of character isn't always about how much you can handle before you break, it's also about how much you can handle after you've broken

"Strength of character isn't always about how much you can handle before you break, it's also about how much you can handle after you've broken."
                                 - Robert Tew

********************************

Sam's POV:

Daniel and I walked up the stairs. I walked over to the railing on the side and peeked down. Cath and Michael were sitting on the sofa. I moved back a few feet tiptoeing, making sure not to make any noise.

Daniel stood next to me and cleared his throat. "So what did you want to talk about?"

"Nothing." I said quickly and turned my attention to the two below. It didn't seem like they were talking anything.

"Then why did you call me alone?" He asked, confusion etched on his face.

"Oh sorry, Michael said he wanted to talk something alone with Catherine. Since she wouldn't allow that, I sorta came up with this idea." I patted myself on the shoulder and smiled.

"Oookay." He drawled. "So what do we do now?"

"We just stand here and listen to what they talk." I tiptoed to the railing again. They had started talking something but it was inaudible.

"You mean eavesdrop? So much for letting them talk alone!"

I couldn't see him as he was behind me but I knew that he must have rolled his eyes. The conversation below seemed to be getting heated.

"Ssh! It sounds like an argument!" I whisper-yelled at him.

"I'm going to my room." He pointed to his door and started walking towards it.

"I know that you are lying. Angela and Kevin told me everything." I heard Catherine's voice.

Daniel walked back and stood next to me near the railing.

"How does she know them?" He was completely serious and his jaws tightened.

"They're her friends from college, I guess." I shrugged.

"Friends." His eyes were distant like he was thinking something. I tried harder to concentrate on what they were speaking.

"...broke Angela's heart. Did you even think about how she would feel? Oh sorry, you wouldn't! Because you need a heart for that. And how can you have one when you totally made Emma kill herself just because she didn't leave Kevin like you wanted her to. You separated their love and killed her." We heard Catherine's voice again.

We both looked at each other, wide-eyed.

"Did you tell her about Emma?" I asked.

"No, I was about to ask you the same. And what the hell is she talking about?" He was about to walk down but I pulled his arm.