112. Love Momma's Coming For Ya!

This week's 'Cliffer of the Week' title goes to user26671177

I would like to dedicate this week's chapter to MerveilleApamato
NellaBlessing

                        *************
Daniel's POV:

I rubbed the blue towel on my wet hair as I stepped out of the bathroom, the water dripping onto the mat. My eyes scanned the room, the absence of Cath in the room, finally registering on my mind.

My eyes immediately drifted to the dresser next to the bed. I strode over to it, and pulled the drawer open. The black samsung phone still remained in the transparent plastic cover, tucked off at the corner, behind all the document filling the drawer.

I sighed in relief, and picked the packet out. The zipper lock of the cover popped open, and I pulled the phone out. I switched it on, and waited for the logo to turn up. In a few seconds, the screen loaded up, looking like a normal phone; like it hadn't haunted the life of someone I care about.

My thumb involuntarily pressed onto the inbox symbol. There was nothing new in it except for the same old 'Private Number' lurking among the dozens of other advertising texts. My hands itched to open the messages, and make it read, but Bill's warning till rung in my ears. I couldn't take the risk.

I deleted all the texts except for the messages from 'he who shall not be named', switched it off, packed it in the same ziplock bag, and tucked it in the far corner of the drawer. I shut it close, and this time, I made sure to lock it up with the key that came along with it.

Just when I heard the click of the lock, something else clicked on my mind. There was one small detail I had forgotten to look into earlier. I pulled out my phone, and dialled Bill's number. My heart beat rhymed along with the tune of the ringing noise. After what seemed like an eternity, he attended the call. "Whatsup?"

"Hey." I sighed in relief. "Bill, I need you to find me a piece of information."

"Is it something illegal?"

"I hope not. I need to know information on a number plate." I waited for his response. I didn't know who else could help me with this if not for him.

"That's a boring job, anyways shoot me the number."

"LA 17 REW."

"Hmm. The memory tag LA stands for London covering the postal areas of Wimbledon, Borehamwood and Sidcup. It must have been registered in either one of those areas. 17 means it was registered sometime between March 1, 2017, and August 31 of the same year."

"Where did you get the information so fast?" It seemed almost impossible that he had a machine that would provide my answer so fast. 

"My brain. I believe it can process information much faster than most machines."

"But are you sure that's the right info?" I couldn't help, but doubt the authenticity of it. This information could actually help me finding the guy.

"Yes. I am said to have the memory of Mike Ross. Now if you are done with doubting my intelligence, can you tell me what else you need my help for? I have a store to take care of."

I rolled my eyes, imagining the ever empty store. "Yeah, right. Sorry. You didn't tell me what REW is."

"Probably some random letters, but these are the main numbers of any number plate."