17. Anything For That Smile Of Yours

"Attraction is intense only when mystery is involved

"Attraction is intense only when mystery is involved."
- Unknown.

********************************

Sam's POV :

"What time is it?" Daniel tapped his feet against the marble floor of the luxurious restaurant.

"For the 7th time, it's still 12:49 pm." I rolled my eyes.

"Ooh." He drawled and looked out the large glass window which showcased the view of the city from the second floor.

"There is still exactly 11 minutes for them to arrive. Take your time to relax", I said.

"That's really helping." He rolled his eyes.

I placed my hand on his thigh. "Don't be nervous. You'll be fine."

He picked up my hand and intertwined our fingers. "Do you mind? I just feel a little better." I nodded in understanding.

It was quite baffling to see Daniel so nervous. He would usually be so calm and collected. But who wouldn't get anxious when they are about to meet Mr. Davis Jefferson, one of the leading music producers in the industry. He was a frequent client of Mr. Hardley and our company did the photo shoot for most of the music artists he worked with. And they were really big names. I took the opportunity to tell my boss about Daniel and his band. He told me that he would do his best to arrange for a meeting and so that brought us here to 'The Little Door', a french restaurant. Trust me, nothing was little here.

We even had to dress up for the occasion. I wore a black knee length dress with lace back and sleeves that reached up to my elbows. Daniel wore a navy blue shirt with a brown coat and black pants. It was weird seeing him in a formal wear. A good sort of weird. But I'm never telling him that.

Daniel had his gaze set on the floor. I squeezed his hand gently. He lifted his head to meet my eyes and smiled nervously. I smiled back. "They will love you." He chuckled and scratched the back of his neck.

"Sorry to keep you both waiting." Mr. Hardley walked towards our table with Mr. Jefferson. Both the men were dressed elegant in grey suits.

I smiled at them and stood up from the chair. "It's alright gentlemen, we needed the time anyway." I removed my hand from Daniel's grip and gave a handshake to both of them. "And this is my friend, Daniel d'Silva." I gestured towards him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Hardley, Mr. Jefferson." Daniel shook each of their hands.

Daniel sat to my right while Hardley took the seat opposite to mine. Mr.Jefferson sat on the chair opposite to Daniel. The waiter came up and handed us the menu cards. After much debate, we placed our orders.

"So Daniel, Samantha has been telling a lot of things about you lately." Mr. Hardley smiled.

"Really?" He cocked an eyebrow at me and I knew that he was not going to forget that any sooner. "I hope it was something good."