103. Wait! What?!

I would like to dedicate this week's chapter toperihsamoya kimrycelbriones355 REDHAIRBALL
ambivert_nirlak 

******************

Daniel's POV:

"What do you mean by you don't remember?" I frowned at her.

"I don't know!" She paced to and fro. Her hands shook and that had nothing to do with the chilly wind. The sweat on her face was evident for that. "That's what it means! I don't know the man who raped me! I don't remember him!"

"How can you not?" I matched her line of path, hoping that she would stop, and look at me. "Was it too dark for you to recognise his face?"

"I dont know damn it!" She stopped pacing abruptly. The lines on her forehead creased more and her eyes kept wandering around the dark lawn like she was searching something, but for something in her mind. "That's the most infuriating part! I don't remember anything about that night. It's all in bits and pieces of fragments, and no matter how many times I try, I can't remember it. I didn't find the need to too, until now. The only evidence of the night are the nightmares I face, and the wounds on my body. All I can remember is.. is.. is the d-dark room, a silhouette and a face that doesn't belong to him."

"Face? Whose?" I frowned.

She shook her head but her lips were moving with unheard words.

"What?"

"It's not him." Her voice raised up a notch. She looked to the backdoor of the kitchen before looking back at me.

"How can you be so sure when you don't know who he is?"

"It's not him." She looked into my eyes. The tremble in her body stopped for a second. I nodded, and the two of us fell into silence but our minds were filled with anything but silence.

"What are you two doing out here? I thought we were having dinner." Sam walked out of the kitchen, wrapping her blue cardigan tighter around her body. Cath froze immediately.

"That you were, while we came out to see the moon. Heard it was solar eclipse today." I smiled, hoping to mask up the tension prevailing outside.

She frowned and looked up at the bright full moon. "Where? Everything seems normal to me."

"That's cause you need to see it in the morning dumbo!" I chuckled. She didn't seem to share my enthusiasm. Her angry glare was a proof to it.

"Haha, very funny. Now get your ass inside, and have dinner. It's getting cold."

"Is the great Samantha scared of being alone?" My lips twitched up in one corner even though I tried hard not to let it show.

She glared at me, and pulled the cardigan much more tighter to herself than before. I could see the trembling of her fingers nevertheless. "No, I am not afraid of anything." She tilted her chin up.

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows. She glared at me, and stomped back into the house, before flipping me the finger.

I chuckled and turned towards Cath. "Mind coming inside?"

Her face was stoic, and her eyes were stuck on the white back door. Her face was drenched in sweat and the eerie look, or rather the lack of life in her eyes made goosebumps rise on my jacket covered arms."What is it?" I stood in front of her, blocking the view of the house.