3. A Cup Of Coffee

The red neon sign board in front of the shop read "Coffee With Estelle 24*7"

The red neon sign board in front of the shop read "Coffee With Estelle 24*7". Samantha opened the door and I followed her inside. The bell chimed drawing the attention of the blonde girl standing near the counter. She scowled and stood up from her seat. She walked towards the drawers on the side of the counter and took the menu cards. She walked back to us and her face brightened as she saw the guys behind us.

"Hey Mike, what are you doing here at 3 in the morning?" A smile crept onto her lips.

"Hey Lisa, just checking you out." He winked and moved his hand through his hair.

"Ooh really?" She lifted her eyebrows and narrowed her eyes.

"You got me. I'm just here with some friends." He looked in our direction, smiling."Daniel take them to our regular table. I'll join you in a minute."

Daniel nodded and walked us to a four-seated retro style table at the corner of the shop. I took my seat across him, while Sam sat beside me. She drummed her fingers on the table and jerked her body. She kept her eyes on Michael who was laughing with the waitress. Nobody spoke and an awkward silence filled the table. Michael walked up with the menu cards in his hands and sat next to Daniel.

"So what would you guys like to have?" He turned the pages of the menu card, glancing all the options.

"I would love a plate of your heart ripped apart with blood."
Samantha smirked.

"Aww sweetheart, as much as you want it, they don't serve it here. Mind trying chocolate milkshake with chocolate sauce and ice cream? Might not be as tasty as my heart but that would be the next best thing." He chuckled.

"It's not funny. Now tell me why were you breaking in my house in the middle of the night?" She grabbed the menu away from him.

"It's actually a funny story. I wanted to surprise you, but turned out to be surprised your midnight ninja." He grinned at me.

"Waking me up in the morning with a cup of choco latte would have been a surprise. Not disturbing my beauty sleep with action sequences at midnight." She scowled.

" I came to drop Dan and figured out that you were already home. So it seemed like a better idea." He winked and smiled.

"I don't understand", Sam blinked. "Why would you drop Daniel at my home?"

"Oh shit, I forgot. Daniel is the paying guest I told you about." He nudged Daniel.

"What?" I shouted, louder than I intented.

"Ooh look who is finally talking!" he said in a mocking tone.

"Are you serious? Is he going to be living with us?" The thought gave me shivers. I cannot stay at home with another guy.

"That seems like a great offer." he chuckled. "But he is just staying for rent." What does he even mean by that?

"No! This cannot be happening!" I let out a whisper, biting my nails. My body began shaking and sweat dripped all over my body even in the cold room.