11. Don't Make Promises You Cannot Keep

The moment his eyes met mine, he looked away and got into the driver seat of his black car

The moment his eyes met mine, he looked away and got into the driver seat of his black car. I got off the red california and  trodded on the crunchy grass towards his car. I slipped into the passenger seat. Michael turned on the car and looked at the car behind through the rear-view mirror. Kevin didn't seem to come out of it.

After a few seconds of glaring at it, he sped the car off the driveway. The speed was inhuman and i feared that the car was about to fly any second.  I held the grab handle like my life depended on it. My palms became pink and sore but I had no intention of letting it go any sooner.

"Slow down, will you?" I said.

It was a surpise how I was able to bring those words out of my mouth. He pushed the accelerator further, increasing the speed if that was even possible! I could see the grim reaper with his arms wide open right in front of me. Although I didn't mind dying, I didn't want to die this way. At least not now.

"Please slow down!" I shouted louder this time.

I didn't know what he did, but the next second I know the car drifted and spinned before stopping. My head banged on the headboard for the second time in the day. I'm never going to  get in a car again.

I composed myself and shouted, "What the hell is your problem? Are you insane?"

He finally looked at me. His eyes were filled with fury. "You know what my problem is? You, going out with him even after I told you to stay away from him! Not just that, you chose to spend time with that asshole, when Daniel there is waiting for you like an idiot, hoping that miss pretty princess will be there as she said she would be."

I looked at him for a few seconds before speaking, "No I-" He cut me off "You know what! I don't care where you go or who you're with! But you can't leave Daniel hanging in there."

"Just listen to me!" I hissed.

"No! You listen to me. Do us both a favour and shut your mouth. I don't want to hear any of your stupid reasons. From on I won't interfere in your life and you don't interfere in mine! But don't make promises you cannot keep!"

And I was a stupid to think we could be friends. I stared at him wide eyed. His eyes locked with mine for a few seconds and I looked away.

"If you've made your point, can we leave?" I said.

He started the car again and we rode in awkward silence for the rest of the trip. He stopped in a parking lot.

"Thank you for the ride." I got off the car and walked to the entrance door. Sam was leaning against it with a smile on her face. It faded away as she saw me.

"Something is wrong and you cannot deny it. But I won't ask about it now. So let's go inside and try to enjoy the show. And if it gets unbearable, we'll be straight on the way home, okay?" She finished it all in a go. I nodded.