14. I Killed Her!

"What are we doing at your house?" I asked Angela as she parked the car in her garage

"Do you want to risk running into Michael again? I'm sure he will be right at your home now. This is the only place he wouldn't enter." She unbuckled her seat belt and exited the car.

I nodded and followed her inside the house.

"Kevin, I'm home." Angela opened the door and shouted. She threw herself and the shopping bags on the sofa.

"I don't care." Kevin shouted back from inside.

"Well, you should because there is someone else with me." Angela cooed and I rolled my eyes.

There wasn't any reply. The house fell silent for a few seconds before foot steps were heard upstairs. Kevin came running down the stairs. His eyes widened when he saw me and I smiled nervously at him.

"Catherine, what a surprise!" He exclaimed and walked towards us.

"Hey", I said and took a seat beside Angela.

"Could have warned me though. I'm a complete mess as you can see." He pointed his blue shirt which was streaked with paints of different colours.

"No, it's alright. I didn't plan on coming either. I have to leave now anyway."

"Don't be so silly. You are staying for dinner and that's final!" He grinned.

"Maybe another time."

"Mikey dokey, homey baby." Angela sang and Kevin looked confused at her.

I sighed. "Fine, but I can't stay long."

"Okay, now let's freshen up." Angela grinned and pulled me up the stairs along with her. "And Kevin feel free to deliver those bags in my room." Angela smiled mischievously at him.

He rolled his eyes and followed us up to her room. Angela entered the bathroom. Kevin placed the bags on the bed and turned towards me.

"I'm really happy you came."

I smiled in return, not knowing what to say. He nodded and walked backwards to the door. I was about to close the door when he popped his head in.

"I've been meaning to ask, did you come just for Ang?" He raised his eyebrows.

No. I actually came because of Michael but I can't tell him that!
What does he expect me to reply anyway?

"Yes, now get out!" Angela shouted from inside the bathroom.

Kevin rolled his eyes and walked away. There is something up with him but I can't put my finger on it. In a few minutes, we freshened up and went downstairs. The smell of food filled the house. We went to the kitchen.

"What's cooking Mr.chef?" Angela asked.

"My secret dish yet to be named." He placed several bowls full of food on the dining table. He placed the plates for each of us and served the food.