13. I Used To Love Him

Blake Lively as Angela (Above)

********************************

"Can't you just tell me how to go? I can manage it alone!" I pleaded.

Sam stopped applying the mascara and turned to face me.

"No way in hell am I going to leave you alone! Do you seriously think it's better than going with Michael? You might even get lost!" She gaped her mouth.

"I'm not a kid Sam!" I hissed.

"Then stop acting like one!" She finished applying her make up and picked up the camera, placing it carefully inside her bag. "It's just a 20 minutes ride! What could possibly go wrong in that?"

"You know how many months it took for me to forget all those things and he brought it all back in just 2 minutes! Do you honestly think that nothing can happen in those 20 minutes?" I crossed my arms over my chest and sat on the bed.

She sighed and lifted her hands in surrender. "Fine. Wait a second." She pulled out her phone from her pocket and dialed someone.

"Hey Alicia, I am running a little late today. Can you just pass it on to Mr.Hardley?... Yeah.. No, I'll be there... Alright, Thanks."

She cut the call and turned towards me. "Ready to go?"

"Don't you have to go for the shoot? You said it's really important."

She smiled and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "Yes, but you are more important than that!"

We hired a taxi to college. It took longer than usual but it was still better than traveling with Michael. Sam dropped me and left for her work. I went to my class and took a seat beside Angela.

"OMG! You're still alive!!" She gasped dramatically at me.

I rolled my eyes and placed my bag on the table. "Why? Were you planning on murdering me?"

She rolled her eyes. "No. But knowing Michael, it wouldn't be a surprise if he really did kill you."

"Geez, thanks so much for caring." I said sarcastically.

"So what did he do?" She asked in a serious tone.

"I don't want to talk about it." I muttered.

Angela opened her mouth to say something but the professor walked inside the class room, interrupting her. It's these perfectly timed moments that I love. I spent the rest of the day making sure I don't collide with Michael even by mistake. I didn't even go to the cafetaria. It's a risk I wouldn't want to take.

The final bell rang and everybody got off their seats to leave.

"Catherine", Michael yelled.

He was leaning against the door frame on the right. I pretended like I didn't hear him. Angela finished packing her bag.