91. What's A Lil Fight, Without A Lil Kiss?

Sorry for being late! My Wednesday reminder a.k.a pratishtha1811 failed to notify that its update time! Think it's time to change the alarm! 😜

This week's 'Cliffer of the Week' title goes to Theflaminghypothesis Thank you so much for your votes! I really appreciate the numbers you've caused in my notification bar! :p

I would like to dedicate this week's chapter toelladiamonds Rosallinera durren24

******************
Sam's POV:

It was a dreadful morning; one that I was not looking forward to. Currently, I was sitting in the kitchen, with Brian of course; the reason why I was dreading today! But this was something I had to face sooner or later and there was no time better than now, since everybody was asleep this early in the morning, and by everybody I meant Daniel and Catherine, the ones that might cause this conversation to go downhill.

Brian was sitting opposite to me, with a mug of hot coffee. I tried not to dwell too much on the fact that I was nervous about how this might go and  instead sipped in my coffee. "So.." I cleared my throat. "How was your flight?" Nice way to start a serious conversation!

His eyes lifted upto mine and he stared at me for a while. I wasn't going to lie, it just made me squirm even more in nervousness. He sighed and placed the mug back on the counter. "Sam, let's not do this. You know that my discomfort in flying is not something we're here to discuss about."

"Right." I sighed and there came the silence again, where he did nothing but stare at me, and it was creeping me out. "Look Brian, I just don't know what to say. This is kind of awkward for me! I mean what does someone in my position say to you? 'Hello, I am sorry that we run away, but it was for the best'?"

"Are you sorry that you run away?"

"Of course not!" I scoffed. "If I had to make the decision again, I would do it with a second's doubt."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you leave like you did?"

"You know why!" I rolled my eyes. "Wasn't it obvious?"

"I don't know."

I looked at him disbelievingly. "Are you honestly telling me that? With how everyone was shaming her for what happened, how James left her like that, and how your mom was treating her, how do you expect her to recover?"

"So you just take her and runaway from the problems just like that? How is it even going to help her?!" Our voices were now raising but neither of us cared about it.

"If you would just see how much she has changed, you would agree so yourself!"

He laughed with so much pain that it actually hurt to hear it. "Yeah I did see it. I saw just how much fear she had conjured up for me the moment she saw me! She fainted Sam! She fainted! What kind of brother would want her sister to faint at the sight of him in fear?! And do you know what she did the moment she opened her eyes?"

I looked away as the hurt in his eyes were too much to stare at. "She ran away. Again! Like I was the monster she was afraid of! The monster she is afraid of facing every night when she sleeps! How do you think that made me feel?"