122. You Can't Find A Face You've Never Seen Before!

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting for two weeks. I hope this one makes up for it. I am so happy to announce that wattpad 'mystery' has added Beneath The Mask to the 'Bright Young Reads' reading list. How cool is that?!

And also belated Diwali wishes to all you people out there. I hope you guys had a wonderful, colourful, and safe diwali!

I would like to dedicate this week's chapter toKieshiaJerielAncheta writing-new-worlds faqeera2004 animallover1016 realmariela
okuhle-ndokuhle leizelcabulong
WolfHusky88 BookLover4752 Holian123
************
Cath's POV:

"Focus! Focus! Focus!" The words kept ringing in my ear as I glanced at myself in the mirror. Swear dripped down my face for no apparent reason. Maybe there was, and I just wasn't ready to acknowledge it.

"Time's running out!"

His robotic voice laughed sinisterly as if playing on repeat mode. I held onto the basin tighter, and closed my eyes. "Please God! Please!"

Time.

Time.

Time.

Time.

The voice got louder, and louder until it finally..

OUT!

Stopped. My breath got really heavy as I opened my eyes, and stared at myself once again. "I can do this!" I muttered to myself, and  exited the bathroom as fast as I could. One more second in this solitary confinement could make me drive insane.

"WHAT THE!" My eyes widened, and I held onto my chest at the sight of a silhouette lying on top of my bed, in the really dark room. He immediately rushed towards, and held onto my shoulders in a tight grip.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" His face shone in the moonlight seeping through the glass window, and I sighed in relief.

"God! It's you!" I leaned onto his shoulder, and Daniel wrapped his arms around me. His familiar scent, and warmth gave me a sense of security, and safety I had been lacking lately. If only this could be forever!

"Did I scare you?" He chuckled, and pulled away to look at my face.

"You have no idea!" I glared at him playfully, and pulled away from his body, before I strode towards the switch board, and turned on the light. "There's is a thing called lighting in this house. You should try that sometime."

He pretended to frown. "Why would I do that, when I can get warm hugs?"

I glared at him once again, and he chuckled. "Come here!" He held out his arms, and I hugged him once again. "But seriously, are you okay? Is something bothering you.." He paused, and I could sense he had more to say, but hesitated. "Again?"

"No. I just wish.." I held onto him tighter, and sighed.

"Wish what?"

"That you didn't have to worry about me like that!" I pulled away, and kept myself busy on arranging unimportant things on my table. I didn't want to look at him. And I didn't want to give it away. "What are you doing here anyway? Is there any reason for your arrival?"