95. A Day Out With My Girlfriend's Ex-Boyfriend!

This week's 'Cliffer of the Week' title goes to amazing2awesome Thank you for that incredibly long message! It just made me happy and motivated me to write more. I am so happy that you loved this story! Thank you for giving it a try and have a great day! :)

I would like to dedicate this week's chapter toluluwolffe zoeashlynn3112
chissyjessy

***************
Sam's POV:

"Damn this stupid thing!" I huffed and threw the evil device called cell phone to the ground. My eyes widened and I ran towards the direction to see that luckily the temper glass and  the cell phone cover were there to protect it from cracking like a nut.

"Thank God!" I sighed and placed the phone back into my pocket.

"What's wrong?" Brian's voice made me jump and scream. I clutched onto my heart to steady my breathing. "Oh God! You scared me!"

"Sorry didn't mean to." He smiled apologetically before turning serious again. "Is something wrong?"

"No! It's nothing!" I massaged my forehead and plopped myself onto the couch.

He stared at me for a while and I knew that he was trying to assess if I was telling the truth and he caught me at it. "Didn't seem like nothing to me. Just tell me Sam, I'll see if I can help you. And this time I wont push you off the swing like I did when I was 10." He smiled which made me smile to. I chuckled at the memory of it.

"Yeah I really do hope you don't do that now. I am a big girl, and falling down with my face flat on the ground is going to more than just embarrass me now."

He chuckled. "Nah, now how would that make me a gentleman? I would never treat a fair lady like that." He winked, making me chuckle. "But jokes apart, tell me what's wrong."

This fun side of Brian was really rare to see and I didn't want to ruin it now. So I gave into him anyway. "It's nothing big actually. My phone has been acting so stupid for the past few days or so. I can dial up a number but am not able to receive any calls. And because of that I've missed out on a lot of important things and it's been hell!"

"Couldn't you have just given it to a service centre to get in repaired?"

"Yeah I could have, but with everything that's happened in the past couple of days, getting the phone repaired has been the last thing on my mind and if I did give it off, I'll have to live without my phone for a day or two, which I cannot. At least now I could call someone and ask if I need something but if I give it off, I cannot do that too."

He looked like he was lost in thoughts for a couple of seconds. "That explains why we weren't able to reach you." He frowned. "I thought you wantedly disconnected my call and blocked me but your behaviour since we've arrived was contrasting to it that it made me feel confused. Sorry for thinking you would do that to me Sam."

"Wait! What are you talking about?" I frowned.

"Do you know how we got here?"

I shook my head.

"A month or so ago we got the brains to check your house and got the information about the place you work for. We found a poster in your room with the information and tried our luck there. Fortunate for us, we got to know that you were indeed working there, but they failed to give us any information about your location. After pestering them for a while and making them understand the seriousness of the situation, we got to know your contact details. I tried calling you a couple of times but you never attended it. I thought you ignored me after the text I sent you. I was really disappointed in you Sam thinking that you ignored us." The distress of what he must have gone through was evident on his face.