Chapter 44- Slowly Dying

Chapter 44

We near the studio slowly. I honestly can't think, at all. I feel so uneasy, and I have a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach.

My gut is annoying me.

I glue my gaze to the building in front of us. By now, my Espresso has been long finished, but I keep forgetting and putting it up to my mouth anyway. Something is going wrong with me.

"We should go in," Janet says calmly, though when I look at her, she seems nervous.

"Could I just ask something?"

She nods. "Yeah."

"Why do you care so much? Not that I'm complaining, but I'm really curious. You're really involved with what's happening with Michael and I and I want to know why."

She sighs. "Alondra, he's my brother. If he is cheating, which I don't want to be true as much as you, I don't want him to disappoint me. And not just me. You, and my whole family. This is not how my mother raised him, or any of my brothers. It's not right. Also, I care about you and your happiness. You have been through a lot, with Michael alone. I know it's not easy being with a superstar, I've tried it."

I snicker. "You're one yourself."

Janet smiles. "You get what I mean. But ever since Michael has met you, he's never been this content in his life, I think. So someone who makes him feel like this deserves to feel that way too. It's mutual."

I study her face. Nothing but a look of genuine concern.

"Thanks for everything."

"No need, really," she starts to exit the car and I do the same.

I almost jam my hand in the car door. I'm jittery beyond belief. To steady myself, I lean against Janet's grey Ashton Martin for a few seconds.

Then I follow after her into the studio.

Michael's POV

Tatiana arrived thirty minutes ago, while I was trying to scribble some lyrics down in my journal.

The same journal that Alondra drew a portrait of me. I kept getting distracted, always flipping back to it, reading in her loopy handwriting what she loved about the features of my face.

Next to my eyes, it read:

His eyes are so brown. They get lighter in the sunlight, they become almost transparent. Whenever they meet with mine, it's seems like they can view my soul. I've never seen such eyes.

I had to smile at that. She would never tell me if I didn't ask her. It made me feel nice.

I started reading what she said about my nose, but I was interrupted by someone walking into the room, despite the fact that a put a 'Do not disturb' sign on the door. I glance up from the journal.

She stood there, smiling at me. I couldn't return it.

Though, she did look beautiful. Any man who said otherwise would be lying.

She wore a sundress, which I didn't understand because the days have started getting chilly. Her hair was back to her normal curls. My eyes veered down to her long legs. I took a hard swallow as I looked back up to her face.

"I thought I would be coming to your apartment," I finally spoke.

"Yes, I know. I'm sorry, Mikey, I just really couldn't wait to see you."

She settled in the chair next to me and I quickly push the journal under my leg.

"What was that?"