Chapter 70- The End of the Beginning

Chapter 70

November 12, 1993

Michael just concluded his Dangerous Tour yesterday night and will arrive home late tonight. I'm so proud of him, his performances are so amazing. I've been dying to see him, me and the children. Last time he came home was back in August right before his birthday.

"Mommy?" I look up to meet the eyes of my daughter, Ryleene.

She's our first daughter. May 7, 1989 in London. I can't believe how fast time flies. My baby girl is already four years old.

I remember who crazy that day was, our wedding day and her birth. Six pounds, a beautiful and healthy baby, despite what the doctors expected. I'm so blessed.

"Yes, Rosie, come here." I smile and kiss her cheek, pulling her into my lap where I'm sitting on the sofa.

It's one of her nicknames. Since her full name is Ryleene Rose Jackson, I call her Ry or Rosie.

"Why aren't you asleep baby? It's nine o'clock," I look at her, brushing her black curls back. She's got that from Michael, and his smile. Apart from that she's a mini-me.

She shrugs. "When is Daddy coming home?"

"Really soon dear. You'll see him first thing tomorrow morning, I promise."

"Okay Mommy," she yawns. "Can you take me to bed?"

I nod and kiss her forehead, picking her up and walking to her room. I place her on her toddler bed, which I got new, colorful bedding for yesterday.

I had brushed her teeth, her hair, and help her put pajamas on earlier.

"Good night Ryleene, sleep tight okay?"

"Good night Mommy," She yawns and I close her door.

I walk down the hall to check on my son Caleb.

He's my five year old. He can brighten up the room with his high-pitched laugh. I love him just as if I gave birth to him.

Michael and I adopted him back in December of '91, just in time for the holidays. Back in his birthplace of Ethiopia, his biological mother got ill with malaria and his father had to make the tough decision to choose between her medicine or supporting his son. It was with regret that he gave Caleb up for adoption.

Ever since then, Neverland has been a little brighter. I was ecstatic when Michael decided to move back home. After all, Tatiana is locked up for 29 years. No one should be bothering us anymore.

Michael later found out who put Tatiana up to the whole destroy-our-wedding mission, but I told him not to tell me. It's better to just leave things where they lie.

I slowly peer into Caleb's bedroom. He is sleeping peacefully. I smile and gently close his door again, careful not to wake him.

To keep myself busy, I go to the living room and play the recordings of Michael's concerts. Thank god this man is my husband.

We did end up getting married, but not in the way we pictured.

Before his tour, we got married in the presence of only a priest. Michael says we will have a proper wedding ceremony like he promised me.

"I wonder when that will be..."

We haven't been able to do much as a family since Michael is never home. However, he kept his promise of calling me every single day of the tour, some days more than once.

I keep watching concert after concert, trying to figure out how a person can move their body so gracefully. I give up. It baffles me.

I sigh and look at the clock. 11:04.

"Please walk through the door soon," I say to myself.

I go to the bedroom and start looking at family photos. At the beach, the park, the White House. My heart races when I find Michael's smile in each one.

I take a long shower, and even dry my hair which takes forever. I wrap a towel around my body just as the bathroom door opens.

I frown, thinking it was either Ry or Caleb, but I gasp and drop the hair dryer.

He's home.

Michael smiles as I run into his arms and hug his neck tightly.

"Why didn't you call?" I whisper.

"Wanted to surprise you, and it looks like it worked." He kisses my ear.

"Did you see the kids?"

He nods. "I just stopped by their rooms. Sleeping like logs."

I giggle and feel the towel slipping from around my body. I let go of Michael to wrap it tighter, but he grabs my hands, letting it fall.

"I missed you so much sweetheart." He whispers while kissing my neck.

I sigh. "I missed you way more--wait," I suddenly say.

"What?"

"You're late coming home. It's 12:24 and you should've been back 25 minutes ago."

"Baby, I'm sorry."

I grin and swat his chest. "I'm kidding. Remember me? Alondra, your wife that specializes in sarcasm?"

He chuckles and holds my body, picking me up swiftly. "How could I forget?"

Michael sits me on the edge of the jacuzzi, and we indulge in a much needed night of love-making.

-

Morning comes and I'm awakened by Rosie and Caleb jumping up and down on my bed. Michael's gone.

"Mommy get up!!" They scream.

Janet walks in and smiles at me. "That's right Mommy, get up."

I roll my eyes playfully and sit up, straightening out my rumpled nightgown.

"I'm up!" They giggle as I kiss their cheeks.

I hop out of bed and give Janet a squeeze.

There's a light knock on the door and Bill pops his head in. "Michael would like you to get dressed in this Mrs. Jackson," he hands me a short white dress after I walk to him. "No makeup, don't do your hair. He strictly said to shower and wear this dress."

"No makeup?" I frown. "Why?"

"Michael wants you to showcase your natural beauty at the wedding."

I blush and he smiles at me before shutting the door.

"Go get ready bride! We'll be waiting!" Janet smiles and takes the kids out of the room.

I walk to the full body mirror in the corner of the room, pressing the dress to my body.

"Looks like I'm getting married, again."

--

Chapter 70

Yes, it's unbelievable but this is in fact the last chapter of this love tale. Epilogue soon to follow. I love all of you.

~Joy ✌️