Chapter 9- Out In Town

Chapter 9

After our mini fashion show, Michael leaves me to change out of my gown. I swap it out for a pair of black shorts and a white and blue crop top.

I walk over to the shoes and pick out a classic pair of black converse. I slip my feet into them and they fit perfectly, along with my whole outfit. How did he know my size..

"Are you done changing sweetheart?" I hear Michael call.

I finish and adjust my new clothing, trying to fix my hair. I hurry to open the closet door.

"Yeah, I'm done," I say giggling. Then I realize that Michael is staring at my outfit, wide-eyed. I blush and look away from his face, saying nothing.

"I'm sorry for staring but.. You look great." He says. I still don't say anything. I feel so embarrassed.

"Well, I want to take you school shopping since you start soon," Michael says quickly.

"Okay," I say, relieved that he changed the subject. I notice that Michael has his Ray Bans on.

"Hold up," I say, rushing back into the closet to grab a pair of my own. I flip my hair back to slip them on. I come back out and Michael starts to smile.

"Now we match. Come on," I say.

There's a motorcycle in the garage. I turned to Michael, surprised that he owns one. It doesn't fit his character that much.

"This is yours?" I ask, crossing my arms.

He smirks and looks over at me.

"Of course it is. Now climb on." He replies, swinging his leg over the bike and patting the seat behind him.

I walk over and mount the bike.

"Hold on to me. Tight. Grab my waist." He instructs. I do as I'm told, hugging him from behind. His back and shoulders are so muscular that I have to resist tracing them with my fingers.

Soon, the engine blares to life and Michael zooms out of the garage and into the city.

The wind batters my hair and it flies in every direction, covering my face. I look up and Michael's curls are still perfectly seated on top of his head, not affected by the strong breeze at all.

How is that even possible?

We screech to a halt at a red light and Michael looks back, grinning at me.

"You doing alright?" He asks.

I manage to shake my head and he laughs.

"Scoot forward more and hold me tighter. It might help," He says, turning to face the front again.

I move my body closer to his and tighten my grip around him, this time allowing my cheek to rest against his back.

I try to fix my hair, only for the motorcycle to start moving again. It causes me to slam into Michael's back. I gasp, quickly holding on to him.

"Sorry!" I call to him.

"It's fine. Rookie's first time on a motorcycle." I hear him laugh and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever.." I mutter, but I feel myself start to blush.

This whole situation is crazy. I'm on the back of a motorcycle with Michael Jackson driving it, holding on to him so tight..

We stop a second and final time, and I see we're at the international mall.

"You can let go now sweetheart," Michael says softly.

I let go of him quickly and he helps me get off of the motorcycle. My shorts rode up during the ride, so I pull them down quickly. I remind myself to wear jeans from now on when I'm riding with Michael.

"See, I sort of have this image. That I'm a bad boy, you know? Because of my latest album. That's why I'm playing the role, and it's pretty fun." He explains.

"Well, you never show me that side of you." I say playfully.

"Because you're too sweet of a girl for me to do that. Here, wear this."

Michael pulls out a mask for me and he is already wrapping one around his face.

"Why?" I ask, taking it from him. He shrugs and looks at me.

"I mean, unless you want to get mobbed.." He says.

"No thanks." I mutter. I shift my hair to the side to put on the mask. Once I do, Michael takes my hand.

"Stay close to me, okay? If anything happens.. I need you close to me." He says.

I nod and he leads me into one of the stores. It's fairly big, with rows of college textbooks.

We walk through the store and Michael helps me pick out what I need for school.

"Will I really need all of this?" I ask, somewhat doubtfully. He's piled about 30 books on me and still going at it.

"Yeah, you're right, come on. I think we're done here."

We walk to the register and I slam the books on the counter. Their heaviness leaves red marks up my arms.

"I'll be with you in a second," the cashier says. I nod at her and feel Michael hold my arms, tracing the red marks.

"I'm sorry." He whispers, kissing them, moving up slowly. My face grows red as I look away.

"Michael, it's not your fault." I say quickly.

"Hello, how are you doing today?"

"Good." I say, relieved to have an excuse to pull away from Michael.

"Your total is $5,899.99," the woman says finally after ringing in all of the items. I nearly choke when hearing the price.

Michael casually pulls out a credit card and swipes it.

"All of that's going on your credit card?" I ask, so shocked.

"Yeah?" He replies. To Michael, that number must be nothing. The woman bags all of the books and hands it to us.

"Have a good one."

"Thanks Michael." I say as we walk back to his motorcycle parked outside the shop.

"You're welcome sweetheart." He says before kissing my forehead.

I smile and Michael helps me onto the motorbike before getting on himself.

"Hold on to me Alondra," He reminds.

"Okay." I pull on his waist tight and we back out of the parking lot, leaving the store behind.

The ride coming back is better. I'm more comfortable riding with Michael, but I soon notice that we missed the turn back to Neverland.

"Michael? I think we missed the turn." I say.

"Oh no, we didn't. I'm taking you somewhere." He says.

"Where?"

"It's a surprise." He giggles. I sigh but a smile creeps on my face. I wonder where he's taking me..

Minutes pass and finally we get to the destination. I look up to see a medium-height building with three letters on the side.

"KFC? Really Michael?" I'm kind of disappointed, even though I don't know what I was hoping for.

"You're hungry too? Oh good, come on then," He says smiling innocently.

He takes hold of my waist to help me off of the bike after he gets off himself.

"I'm starving, this is gonna be yummy!" Michael says, sounding excited like a young child.

I throw my head back and groan, bag still in hand, as Michael drags me into the fast food restaurant.

--

Comment everyone! That was Chapter 9 and I need feedback! Thank you for all the votes and reads, keep them coming please! I never thought I would be this successful on Wattpad. Much love for all of you ❤️❤️😊

~Joy