Chapter 28- Children

Chapter 28

"Yes, I know. It has to be big. Everything has to work out just the way I said," Is muffled through the walls.

I hear Michael's voice in another room as I awake from my sleep. It's only seven o'clock, so I decide to follow his voice. I leave the bed and find him talking on the phone in his office. I knock on the wall twice and his eyes shoot up.

"Sorry, I'll call you back alright?" He clicks off the phone and puts it back in its holder.

I make my way to sit on the window seat across the office.

"Good morning my sweet," Michael comes to sit next to me on the cushion, encasing me with his arms around me.

"Good morning. Who were you on the phone with?" I ask.

"Oh, just one of my friends." He replies.

"Have I met this friend?"

"No, but you will soon." He softly chuckles.

"Okay, fair enough."

The truth is I'm a little suspicious as to who he was on the phone with but I honestly didn't have the strength to speculate. He hasn't given me a reason not to trust him so I think everything will be alright.

"Aren't you going to get ready for your classes?" He asks. I shake my head.

"No, there's no school today. There's a holiday of some sort."

"Good! I want to take you somewhere very special." Michael says.

"Will it be better than staying in pajamas all day? That was my initial plan," I say.

"Oh trust me, it's better than most things. Go get ready sweetheart."

I agree and head back to the bedroom and into the shower.
I decide to wear something nice when I get out. I put on a black skirt and a white lace top. I pull out a pair of sandals and leave my hair wet and down.

To speed up time, Michael had been taking a shower in the guest bathroom. When I come downstairs, I'm blown away.

"Michael, you look wonderful," I say with a big smile.

He's clad in his usual black slacks and loafers, and he has on a red and white letterman jacket. His hair is tied back and for once, he doesn't have on shades.

"So do you Alondra." He walks up to me and spins me around.

"You are so beautiful." His tone is serious and endearing. His arms are wrapped around me from behind and I feel my face flush.

"Thank you," I whisper.

He takes my hand and we walk out to the car where the driver is already waiting. Once we get inside, the driver backs out of Neverland and exits through the gates.

"So where's this very special place you're taking me?" I ask.

"You really don't want to ruin the surprise for yourself," Michael says.

"Well, is it private?"

"Nope." I expect him to elaborate but that one word answer is all I get.

I try to guess through the whole three hour ride until Michael says, "All your questions will be answered if you just look up."

It's true. I lift my eyes to see Children's Hospital Los Angeles. My eyes widen and I look at Michael smiling.

"Well let's go!" I'm so excited and this time it's me dragging Michael to the entrance.