Chapter 30- Suprise

Chapter 30

I wake up on the morning of my birthday feeling a little dejected. Michael isn't by my side and I have a feeling he forgot.

I shouldn't blame him though, it's not like he celebrates birthdays. But I can't help but feel a little upset.

I clamber down the stairs and am welcomed by no one. No balloons, cake or anything.

To clear my confused mind, I go out to the back and sit by the edge of the pool, dipping my legs into the cool water.

I slowly circle them in the pool and then I hear someone humming. It isn't a familiar voice though.

I turn around and then catch a glimpse of Michael. In a split second, he says "Boo!"

I scream and fall back into the water with a big splash. When I come up for air, Michael is surrounded with other people that look quite similar to him. They are all smiling, laughing, and holding a banner that says, "Happy Birthday Alondra!"

I'm completely shocked. So he did remember? Now all I feel is guilt for doubting him.

I step out of the pool, dripping wet, and give Michael a tight hug.

"Sorry about getting you wet, that wasn't the initial plan but we saw you by the pool and went for it! Happy Birthday sweetheart," he says.

"Thank you so much," I smile and then pull away from him.

"Of course, how rude of me. Alondra, this is my family. These are my brothers Jackie, Jermaine, Tito, Marlon, and Randy. Here are my sisters Janet and Rebbie, and my mother Katherine." Michael says.

"Wow, it's nice to finally meet you all," I say, greeting each of them.

"It's nice to meet you too. How old are you turning?" Jackie asks.

"Today I turn twenty," I respond.

"Oh, you are a fine young woman," Randy compliments.

"Randy, you're married!" Jermaine says. We all have a laugh at that.

"Excuse my sons," Katherine says with a chuckle. "I hope Michael is treating you right."

"Yes Mrs. Jackson, he is the best boyfriend I've ever had." I say truthfully. I see him blush.

"Well, you should go clean up since we sort of pushed you in the pool. Presents come later," Michael says.

"Presents? You really didn't have to," I reply.

"Too late, now go." He gives me a cheeky smile and then a kiss. His whole family teases him about it as I walk back up the stairs.

I take a quick shower, in haste to see what my presents might be. I wear my favorite pair of jeans and a stripped blouse. I put my hair in a braid as I go downstairs.

Michael's family is gathered in the living room area waiting for me. There's a stack of wrapped presents piled high in front of him.

"Come here," he says with a sweet smile.

I comply and sit next to him but he pulls me into his lap and kisses my cheek.

"Are you ready for your presents?" He asks.

"Yes, I am," I say excitedly.

"The first one is mine!" Rebbie says, grabbing it and handing it to me.

I open it up and pull out a pair of DKNY heels.

"Wow! These are amazing! How did you know?" I giggle.