Chapter 2- He Came Back

Chapter 2

Keep voting! Love you!

--

I stay up all night, thinking about him. Michael. He was very kind to me, the first man that didn't spit at me, or give me an evil stare. He didn't seem to care that I was homeless, and I was grateful for that.

His voice was so hypnotizing. It caused me to calm down, as if I trusted him.

Which is weird, because I don't trust people. Part of the reason is because I have no friends or family, well, not anymore.

Can't it just be morning? I want to see Michael again, although he never specified when he was coming.

I can still see his chocolate brown eyes staring into mine, his gentle touch..

I shake my head as if to clear it.

Chill Alondra, you don't even know the guy.

But I don't care, I just cant wait until he comes back.

--

I wake up from my afternoon slumber because I couldn't sleep at night. I open my eyes and look up to a dark sky.

Then I feel raindrops lightly coming down from the sky.

I sigh and fall back. Well, this is just great. Michael, this would be a good time to come..

But he doesn't. Not for hours. I start to lose hope. Why would you say you're coming back if you don't plan on it?

As the day slinks by, the rain gets harder and harder to the point where my vision is blurred and my box could be ripped away any minute.

And, I don't know why but I start to cry. Why would I even cry for a person I don't even know? I've been living on the streets for almost two years, and I'm still alive.

Barely.

Note to self: Don't ever put your trust in anyone again, because this is what you get. All hope lost.

I turn my back to the rain and curled up under my tattered blanket, which radiated no warmth. I lay there, shivering in the strong breeze, and slightly getting wet.

As if it was even possible, the rain got even stronger. I'm sure a hurricane is passing through the area.

Then, I feel it.

The tap.

This time, I don't jump or scream of fear. I have hatred in my heart for the man who basically had me waiting all day for him. But, it's not his fault. He never said when he was coming, and I bet he has more stuff to do than coming to check on homeless girls.

But once I turn around, all my hatred melts away.

His innocent face, his dripping wet curls and his large hands on each corner of my box.

"Are you okay?" He yells over the roaring wind.

I shake my head silently.

"Come on, let's get you out of here," He says.

He scoops me up and starts running. I don't know where, but I'm believing it's a better place than a cardboard box.

My bare feet dangle over him as his hands squeeze my thighs and waist tighter. I don't even care that we're running through a hurricane, which is highly dangerous. All I care about is his touch.

We're both silent, I can hear his feet pounding on the wet pavement, ocasionally in some puddles. I wrap my arms around his neck and lay my shoulder into him.

Michael finally comes to a stop and throws me into a luxurious car. I can't stay in here, I'm not worthy. I lean over him to open the door again.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asks.

"I can't stay here.. Michael. I'm not good enough to--"

He flicks my hand away from the handle and pushes me up to the door on my side.

"Listen to me."

His breath smells like spearmint gum.

"I don't care if you're homeless. You're human, and better than any materials. Don't say it again, because I'll get pissed off, and you don't want that. Okay?"

"Okay," I say, my voice small.

He backs away from me and tells the driver an address I've never heard before.

My gaze is directed to him. He's soaking wet, the rain water from his curls dripping onto the leather seats of the car. His muscles are poking out under the white t-shirt he's wearing. His blue jeans outline his slim, long legs. His cheekbones are slightly poked out, and his skin appearing smooth as silk.

Like an angel sent from above.

His head snaps to me.

"Did you need something?" He asks, smirking.

"No, nothing." I say quickly, looking down so he won't see me blush.

The driver stops and I look up to the most amazing estate I've ever been to.

Michael gets out and then helps me out. I'm still dumbfounded by the beauty.

"This is my home," he says, gesturing me to the front door.

As I walk in, I can't help but wonder: Who exactly is he?

~~~

-Joy