Chapter 31- Magic

Chapter 31

Michael takes me upstairs and pushes me into my closet.

"Wear something nice," he calls before leaving.

I look through what I have and pick out a black skirt that is knee-length and a floral top. I put on wedges and a long neck lace before leaving downstairs.

Before I start down the steps, Michael comes out from our room. His eyes widen when he sees me.

"You look so good," he says, walking up to me.

"Thanks, and you look sexy," I giggle with a wink.

"Don't wink at me, you never know what I may do to you." He puts on a serious look.

"What if I want you to do something?" I ask. He smirks.

"We'll see. Let's go," he says. He walks down the stairs behind me and I know I can feel his eyes on my backside.

We step into the living room and Michael's family shows their approval of our attire. I laugh as Michael spins me around and then holds my waist from behind.

"Okay there's dinner at the dining table, everyone let's go eat!" Miss Katherine announces.

Of course, the boys dash to the table while us ladies walk together.

"No Jackie, sit there. This seat is for my lady." Michael pulls the seat out for me as I walk up.

"My beautiful lady," he whispers in my ear. I giggle slightly.

"Thanks baby," I take a seat and dinner is served.

"Miss Katherine, you cooked all of this? It tastes amazing!" I say.

"Thank you! And yes I cooked it on my own," she replies with a smile.

After a while of eating and chatting, Michael stands up with a glass of wine.

"I'd like to make a toast to the love of my life Alondra, even though she can't drink yet," he chuckles.

The rest of his family laughs and holds their glasses.

"On September 1, 1968, we were blessed with such a beautiful, perfect, caring, sweet, kind--"

"Oh alright Michael, we get it," I say, my cheeks burning red. Janet, who was by my left, gave me a hug while I laugh.

"But, I want her and the world to know about our love. Our genuine love. With her, it's different. Nobody loves me like she does and it's really touched my heart. That's why I wanted to make her birthday so wonderful. Because Alondra, I love you more than anything. And I mean that. So, to Alondra and her very happy birthday." Michael raises his glass.

"To Alondra," the rest say and they clink their glasses and drink.

Once everyone is finished, his family starts filing out. I thank them again for coming.

"Janet!" I give her a huge hug.

"We'll keep in touch alright?" I ask, exchanging numbers with her.

"Of course! And your welcome any time," she says with a smile.

Last goodbyes were said and I turn to Michael, jumping on him.

"And what's this?" He says, laughing.

"I'm thanking you for all of this. It's crazy and wonderful and I love you," I say.

He puts his arm under my legs and carries me up to the bedroom. My heart can't help but speed up.

"How'd you like your birthday?" He asks, setting me on the bed.

"I loved it so much, and I love you." I smile.

"Well it's not over yet." He replies. I give him a weird look.

"What else could you possibly give me?" I ask before momentarily getting swept off my feet again.

--

"Okay Michael, it's official. You are crazy!" I laugh as he pulls me along the ledge of the roof.

"About you? Yes, I am," Mike smiles and then stops directly in front of the crescent moon.

He takes a seat with his feet dangling over the roof. He pulls me into his lip and gives me a soft kiss on my cheek.

I look down and gasp. "Michael, we're really high up.." I start but then he shushes me.

"Sweetheart, I won't let you fall. Just relax," he whispers.

I nod and rest my head against him, looking up at the bright moon and stars.

"The night is perfect," I say. I look up at Michael and see his thick curls blowing lightly.

"Just like you," He replies. I giggle and punch him playfully.

"I'm not perfect," I protest.

"You're as close as it gets Alondra."

He says it with a serious tone and soon we are lip-locked. I hold his face affectionately and then he slowly pulls away.

"You're gonna miss it," Michael says, pointing in front of us.

"Miss what?" I ask but am ignored. Then minutes later, fireworks fly in the air and erupt across the sky.

It spells out a message that says "Alondra Marie Cade, I love you." The image melts away and then one of a heart takes shape before it spells out "Happy Birthday." Everything dissolves away after the amazing light show. I turn to Michael.

"You're too good to me. Thank you," I say.

"I'd do anything for you my love." He giggles then glances at his watch.

"There's two hours left of your birthday, what do you want to do?" He asks.

"Hmm, I don't know. Do you have a plan?"

"Actually I do, if you're up for it," he says with a smirk.

He gets up and dashes across the ledge, hopping over the railing of the balcony that leads to our bedroom.

"Wait!" I call, following him quickly into the room.

I lock the sliding door and turn around; all the lights are turned off.

"Baby, where are you?" I ask.

"Try to find me." He calls. I follow his captivating voice but end up running into the wall.

"Don't move! Tell me where you are," I say, my voice sounding desperate.

"Okay, okay," he giggles and I finally find him after making a lap around the perimeter of the room.

"Turn on the light," I say. The bulbs flood the room and I look at Michael who's standing before me, removing his shirt.

"Well, are you up for it sweetheart?" He asks before carrying me to the bed.

I know what magic comes after this.

--

Chapter 31

It's a bit short, sorry

Vote

Comment

Share

~Joy ✌️