Chapter 40- At The Hospital

Chapter 40

After our love making, Michael and I dress each other up and head off of the plane. As we approach the hospital, cameras and reporters surround us.

I know I should be used to this, but someday I'll get so annoyed and smack one of these people in the face.

I go through the entrance quickly, and Michael follows me closely. We arrive in the UCLA Hospital lobby and ask to see LaToya Jackson.

"Second floor, room 206," The nurse behind the desk tells us. We thank her and head to the stairs.

It only takes two flights of stairs to reach the second floor, so taking the elevator would make no sense.

LaToya's room is the third door on the left. The whole Jackson family is outside of her door.

"About time," Janet walks up to us and gives me a hug first, followed by Michael. We go on to greet the rest of the family.

"She's not letting anyone in there," she warns as Michael's hand rests on the door knob.

"I'm her brother," He answers matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, and I'm her sister. Plus, you didn't even want to come see her. If Alondra wasn't with you.." Her voice trails off as she folds her arms.

He clenches his jaw and tells me to take an empty seat against the adjacent wall, next to Marlon. I sit down and Michael goes in the room, despite Janet's warnings.

It's silent between the rest of the family. I glance down and fold my legs up toward me, fiddling with the laces on my converse.

Then, a voice breaks the silence.
"So, what were you and Michael doing in Mexico?"

I jerk my head up to see Jermaine gazing at me. I shrug.

"It was just a vacation I guess. To my hometown," I answer.

"Don't you have school though?" Marlon questions. I roll my eyes. School is the least of my worries.

"I've only missed a week. I'll be fine," I say.

I then hear heels clicking down the hallway. I look up to see the only person that can make my stomach churn so violently with disgust, the one who I envy and am envied by at the same time.

None other that Tatiana Thumbtzen.

She's wearing black gladiator heels that are ankle high and a pair of white shorts with a purple top. Her hair is straightened, highlighted, and
impossibly long, longer than mine. My heart races with jealousy.

"Where's Toya? I came as soon as I could, oh goodness. My best friend.."

She immediately stops speaking when her eyes rest on me. I sigh, too tired to start bickering with her.

"Hmm. I didn't know that they allowed dogs in this hospital." She says viciously.

"Well you're in here, so I think they do." I retort.

Michael's brothers stifle their snickers while his sisters give her rude looks. She looks lost for words.

"I don't have time for this," she snaps. "Where's Toya?"

"Where do you think? She's in that room." I snap.

She exhales, as if stopping herself from saying something extremely indignant.
She walks inside quickly and I realize that Michael is still in there. I hate the idea of them being in a room together while I'm not in there.

--

Michael's POV

"LaToya!" I exclaim as I walk into her room. Her face is turned away and she sighs.