Chapter 53- Heaven Knows

Chapter 53

Michael's POV

It's been four hours since I've seen my sweetheart. Is she okay? I'm worried for her.

I should have kissed her beautiful lips. I should have told her how much I love her and how badly I yearn for her. I should have been more forthcoming about the baby. I should have kissed and caressed her stomach. I should have told my child that I love him or her.

I sigh and stare up at the ceiling. Too many should haves.

I close my tired eyes. I've been up since five this morning. My routine everyday since Alondra's left me has been:

Get up, think about her. Get ready, think about her. Write lyrics, think about her. Anything I see or do reminds me of her.

Like today. I was listening to 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' and the first kiss we shared came into my head.

She is such a part of me. She's changed me. And I need her. Heaven knows that I need her.

"Mike!" Janet rushes to me.

"What is it Dunk," I ask, unenthusiastically.

"Lon's done with her surgery, she's asleep right now."

My heart naturally unclenches in my chest when I quietly enter the room which holds my two babies.

Alondra's hooked up to machines by the nurses and has a tube in her mouth. Her chest rises and falls at a slow rate.

"Is she alright?" I ask the nurse, still staring at my sweetheart's sleeping face.

"She's good. We've been checking on her with these machines. Her vital signs are normal, and the tube in her mouth is to help her breathe. She won't be needing it that long though. And she might be asleep for an hour, maybe two."

I notice that her wrists are tied down with wires connected to them. "What about her wrists?"

"She'll be confused when she wakes up. By tying her wrists down she won't accidentally pull out any wires or tubes."

I nod. "I'm so happy that she's alright."

The nurse pats my shoulder. "We all are. And, I know its none of my business, but you should marry her. She truly seems like a keeper."

With that she smiles and walks out of the room, leaving me with the only girl I care about.

I glance around the room. While Alondra was in the operating room, many people stopped by and gave her 'wishing you well' gifts.

Stuffed teddy bears and bunnies, cards and beautiful flowers decorate the hospital room. I can't wait for her to see all this.

Without doubt, the fact that she's in the hospital is worldwide news. What people don't know is that she's pregnant. But I know that secret won't last.

I want to tell her the deep thoughts I think about her.

"Baby. I know you're asleep right now, and all that's important to me is your safety. You're my priority, and our baby. My responsibility. You are both first in my heart. Sweetheart, I don't need anyone to tell me that I seriously screwed up. That disgusting thing that I said, it wasn't like me and you know that. Well, I hope you do. Alondra, sweetie, you are my hope. You're my love. As far as I'm concerned, you are still my girlfriend. And in my heart I want you to be more. I want you to be my wife. No, not because you're pregnant. It won't be a shotgun wedding, baby. It's because I love you and I always have, and I want to spend my life with you. It would be too much of a blessing for you to be with me. I don't want you just to have a title. Marriage is action, companionship, friendship, love. Honey, you're my best friend. I want all of this behind us, let's get back to our imperfect perfection. You're such an amazing soul. So gorgeous, beautiful, unreal. I want our child to be most like you. It doesn't matter to me if you can't hear my right now. Because Heaven knows how I feel, and what I've said here today. And I have a feeling you can hear me too."