Chapter 27- Let It Go

Chapter 27

Greg leads me to the dance floor and I wrap my arms around his neck. He puts his hands around my waist. I scan the floor for Michael and Tatiana and she's still grinding up on him. I'm absolutely furious.

The instrumental to Liberian Girl is now on and the tempo slowed. I turn back around to Greg looking at me.

"You're really pretty. Good think Mike snatched you up," Greg says. I giggle.

"Thank you. That's very sweet."

We make small talk and Greg starts telling me about his career and the instruments he knows how to play. Honestly, he's a very sweet man.

As we talk, we sway to the music and then there's a tapping on my shoulder. I whip around my head and there stands an angry Michael.

My eyes widen as I look up at him. I don't think I've ever seen him this livid.

"What are you doing?" He pulls my body away from Greg and places a grip on my arm.

"I'm dancing?" I look at him. He pushes me behind him and gets closer to Greg.

"Michael calm down." He says.

"Calm down? She's dancing with someone when she has a man, me!" Michael says.

"Well you were too busy off dirty dancing with Tatiana. Someone had to remember she was here." Greg shoots back.

Michael looks so enraged at this moment. He points a finger hard to Greg's chest.

"Michael don't touch him." I say. He turns around and gives me a glare.

"Alondra stay quiet." He tells me. My mouth hangs open. He's never shushed me before.

"Michael, no. If anyone should be quiet it's you! At least I wasn't grinding on him--"

"Don't start with me, please." He says lowly.

"Why? Afraid of your image? This might show up in the papers you know." I roll my eyes and try to get out of his grip but he only holds my waist tighter.

"You left your dance partner all alone." I say when I see Tatiana coming toward us.

Because of the occasion, the songs being played were just ones on the Bad album. Right now, Smooth Criminal is starting up, one of my favorite songs on the album.

Before I make a move, I dig down in me to bring up my confidence to dance in front of all these important people. I just want to let Michael know that he made a mistake dancing with Tatiana.

Then, the song starts. A little circle has already crowded me as I start the dance routine of the song. Michael showed it to me a while back.

People call others over to come and watch me. He looks surprised but I don't let that stop me. He realizes what I'm doing, then tosses me his fedora. I smile and catch it, going on.

When the part comes with the dance partner, I took Greg's hand and danced with him. A huge circle has now been made and Michael looks impressed, yet annoyed that I still chose to dance with Greg. Tatiana stands by him sulking. She rests her head on his shoulder.

Greg spins me under his arm and away, and then lets go of my hand. I somehow land in Michael's arms and he starts dancing with me.

"Why are you still dancing with him?" He asks over the music.

I shrug my shoulders and sway my hips to the beat of the song.

"I was just about to ask why that slut Tatiana was grinding on you, not even dancing."