Chapter 8- Fairy Tale

Chapter 8

I wake up and Michael isn't in bed. Sitting up, I rub my heavy eyes and yawn widely.

"Michael?" I call out, but there's no response. I frown and climb off of the bed, going into the bathroom to brush my teeth and attempt to comb my hair.

I leave on My clothes from last night because they are the only ones I have, and I don't know where Michael is to ask him for some clean ones.

I stumble down the stairs, sleep having not left me yet, and am greeted by an empty living room.

"Michael? Where are you?" I say, slowly becoming worried.

If he left, he would've left a note or something.. I search around the house for one but I don't find anything.

I sigh and drag my feet to the kitchen to fix me and Michael breakfast. Maybe by the smell of food he may reveal himself.

As I fry bacon on the stove, I hear movement from the stairs. I whip around but no one is there. I shake my head as if I'm hearing things, because maybe I am.

I grab some milk for cereal in the fridge and once I close the door, Michael is standing there with a cheeky smile.

"Good morning Alondra," He says, kissing my forehead.

I just stare at him blankly. I'm somewhat annoyed that he left me in bed alone, but I don't press him about it.

"Well now that you're here, you can help me fix breakfast." I say and Michael groans. I roll my eyes as he continues to make the bacon.

~~

"That was yummy," Michael says with a full mouth. I frown and shake my head at him.

"Don't talk with your mouth full of food." I say, giggling a bit as I scold him.

"Okay, Mom." He laughs along and helps me clean the kitchen. When we're done, we sit in the living room and he's facing me, stroking my hair. My body tingles when he does that.

"Where were you this morning? You weren't in bed."

He begins to smile, it growing every moment. I give him an odd look, confused. I just asked him a question..

"Michael.." I start but he cuts me off by putting a finger to my lips. His eyes are sparkling and he still has that grin on his face.

"Well, come on and I'll show you." He say excitedly and hurries to the steps. I quickly follow after him right before I lose sight of him.

Michael stops right at the top of the steps and I accidentally run him over. He turns around and looks at me.

"Close your eyes sweetheart," He says suddenly.

"What? Close my--" Before I could finish Michael puts his hands over my eyes and guides me somewhere. I hear a door open and then he stops.

"Okay. Are you ready?" He asks. He sounds more excited than I feel.

"Yes! Can I look now?" I ask.

"Yup." He takes his hands off of my eyes and I'm looking at a huge walk-in closet. It's bigger than anything I've ever seen.

I cover my mouth with my hands as I view the rows and rows of various shoes. I walk in further and Michael follows me. There are sections of clothes: jackets, pants, blouses, swimsuits, and dresses. Accessories are along the back wall; jewelry, sunglasses, and purses surround me.

I look back at Michael and he's folding his arms, standing behind me and looking around himself.

"You did this?" I choke out, feeling my throat close up.

"Yeah, I hope you like everything. I didn't really know your style.."

I give him a sweet kiss at the corner of his mouth. He bites his lip and starts to blush slightly.

"And um, there's one more thing. Sweetheart, do you want to go back to college?"

My heart starts racing. It's only been my dream to pursue the Arts. I nod my head quickly, knowing what was coming.

"Great. Because you've been enrolled in University of California!" He announces.

My dream. My whole life. Maybe it's finally my time. Things are finally getting better.

"Michael, all of this is wonderful. Thank you so much. You give me hope."

I grab him into a tight embrace and he happily hugs me back. I shiver when our skin comes in contact, he makes me feel amazing.

"Why don't we have a little fashion show?" Michael asks, gesturing to all the lovely (expensive, I'm sure) clothing now in my possession.

"Why not?" I ask, getting a little goofy. He laughs and we skip over to the dress section. I pick out a midnight gown that has one shoulder and glitter going down the back. It's definitely my style.

I go to the back of the closet and change into it, throwing my musty, worn, old clothes in the corner and stepping in the dress. I walk out to Michael, strutting my stuff. He claps and hoots and I start to blush.

"Work it! Beautiful!" He yells, smiling.

I cover my face, embarrassed, and Michael comes over and hugs me. I look up at him and he's biting his lip.

"You could be a model you know.." He says to me.

"You make me feel so beautiful," I whisper into his muscular chest. He giggles and gives me a tighter hug.

"You don't need me to feel beautiful. You just need to believe it, because you are." He says back.

And with that, he puts his fingers delicately under my chin and gives me yet another kiss. I sink to the floor in a daze, but right before I hit the ground, Michael catches me.

"Welcome to your fairy tale."

"Oh please," I say, straightening up. His touch never leaves my lower back.

"This is better than a fairy tale."

--

Chapter 8 is up! Comment and vote please!! What do you want to happen? I need inspiration and ideas!! 😋