Chapter 66- Changes

Chapter 66

The tears won't stop. They keep falling down on the white, specked tile floor.

It was all a blur how I got here. I called the police when I heard the punches and kicks being thrown at Michael, and the ambulance showed up too.

Do I care if this will be all over the news? No. The tabloids are more than free to have a field day with it. I roll my eyes at the thought.

In my mind, I try to figure out how it happened. How he got hurt like this. It didn't make sense.

One moment, Michael was standing at the window and then he was gone.

I shake my head in utter disbelief. As his lover, of course I blame myself and wish there was something more that I could've done.

To see him laying here in this hospital just squeezes the life out of my heart.

His skin is scratched and his nose broken. There are marks around his neck, from what I see, it looks like he was strangled.

Who would do this? Why? And how? Michael does not deserve any of this.

When you love someone, everything that happens to them affects you. I've been feeling pain, once I knew that Michael was in pain. It's such a deep connection, one that I can barely wrap my head around. All I know, and all I need to know is that it's there.

More tears fall onto my forearm as I glance down at the shining and sparkling diamond ring adorned on my finger.

I hear the doctor's words in my head: We asked him what happened, what he remembered. But he said it was dark and he could not see the person who caused him bodily harm. We asked if he heard their voice, and he just shrugged.

I sigh and shake my head. If only tonight turned out better. I dare to glance up at him.

Bandaged and bruised, he still looks gorgeous.

I wonder when he'll wake up.

Minutes later, Michael's family barges in the door.

"Baby! Oh, sweety, what happened to you?" Katherine cries and hurries to his bedside.

"Miss Katherine, he's still asleep." I say quietly.

"How is he? What happened?"

I proceed to tell her all that I know about the situation.

"He'll wake up soon right?"

I chew the inside of my lip. "We can only hope."

The rest of the Jackson family remains silent. I reach out and lay my hand atop Michael's.

I softly start to hum his song, 'Will You Be There.' Its a new song he shared with me not long ago, which he'll be recording for his next album.

I think that it's beautiful, peaceful and deep. It will surely be a huge hit. His fans will connect with him on a new level and learn to support not just him, but other people through times of vulnerability.

"Carry me, like you are my brother. Love me like a mother-"

"Will you be there." His voice sounds a broken whisper. My head shoots up to him.

"Michael, you're awake," I assure quietly.

"And what a delight to wake up to your beautiful face."

I blush and he squeezes my hand. "What's with the tears sweetheart? Even though you're gorgeous when you cry, I still don't want you crying."

I smile through the tears and wipe them away.

"That's it. Get rid of them for me."

"How are you--are you okay?" I breathe quickly question him.

"I'm great. You were singing that song," He shares a weak smile.

"Yes, but really. Are you alright?"

"Quit your worries girl. I'm just fine."

His family steps up to him and expresses concern and sympathy.

"I just need surgery for my nose and then I'm basically brand new." He assures us.

I'm dying to ask him if he remembers the slightest thing from last night but I know he'll just tell me not to worry.

I sigh and rub my thumb over my ring. When I move my finger, it caught in the light and sparkled.

"Like it?" I see him observing my small movements.

By this time, his family had left to give us some time alone.

"Yes, I do. I always find myself envisioning how it'll happen."

"What?"

"The wedding, silly. How the wedding will happen."

A large grin sneaks onto his face and he looks above at the ceiling. "It will be perfect."

The way he smiles is so innocent and refreshing. So childlike. How he manages to do so it a time of pain is beyond me.

We sit in silence for a few minutes. I'm reliving what happened earlier tonight.

Then the doctor comes in the room. "Are you ready Mr. Jackson?"

"As I'll ever be. Might as well get it over with."

I stand from my chair and give him a long but soft kiss, careful of his injuries.

"I love you so much and I'll be waiting."

"I love you more. And once I'm done, we need to talk about leaving Neverland."

At first I didn't even think he said those words. He loves that place way too much to leave it.

But by the look on his face, he's truly serious.

"You weren't kidding."

He shakes his head. "No. We're leaving that place."

I stand there, shocked and unable to form any words, as the nurses take my beaten and battered fiancé to the OR.

--

Chapter 66

I finally got my laptop fixed. What do you think will happen next?

Vote

Comment

Share

~Joy ✌️