Chapter 55- Unconditionally

Chapter 55

"That was insane," I breathe, falling back on the bed.

Michael smiles and winks at me. "And now I'm not hungry anymore."

I roll my eyes. "Well I am. I want like, a milkshake." For now, I'm only allowed to consume liquids.

"I'll get you one." Michael stands up from the bed and readjusts his clothing.

"Wait. That'll mean you'll leave. I want to go with you," I protest.

"You heard the doctor, love. You have to stay here until Tuesday."

"Please just take me. I want to get out of this darn room. At least to get some air, I hate hospital air," I scrunch up my nose.

Michael smiles and kisses it. "How cute. I guess air won't hurt. Let me go get a wheelchair."

"Okay, hurry."

He walks out of the room and I look out of the window. It's a sunny day, but a slight chill is breezing through. I look to the sky and start humming "For All Time."

The door opens again and Michael wheels in the chair. He lifts me up and places me gently on it.

"Thanks," I say.

"It's what I should do. For both of you," he smiles.

I reach in front of me and open the door while Michael wheels me out. The hallway is absolutely swarmed with people and their dreaded cameras and microphones, now pointed in both of our faces.

How could they let them get in!?

"Alondra! Michael! Are you two back together? What happened? Why are you in the hospital Alondra?" Their voices buzz in my ear as we desperately try to get through the sea.

"Michael! Look here please!" The flashes are blinding.

"Let us through!" Michael screams and they slowly start to part a path for us.

We finally get past them, but Michael turns back. What he does next shocks everyone.

"All you people are just driven by money! That's all you want, and you will go at no end to get a story. You want a story? The story is that Alondra and I are deeply in love, and no fucking thing will mess that up! I'm done with the media dictating my damn life because it's mine. Back off!" He yells.

Everyone is shushed, the flashes stop for a moment. Then Michael turns around and exits the hospital. They are all in an uproar again.

"Michael? What was that? What... what was that?" I ask with hushed amazement.

All that anger toward the media was bottled up inside him.

"I'm done with the media. They don't and will not affect me anymore. I'm focused on what's important, which is you and my son or daughter."

We go to the car and Michael lifts me out of the wheelchair and into the passenger's seat, strapping me in with the seatbelt. He puts the wheelchair in the trunk.

He gets in the driver's seat and starts the engine. "To Smoothie King we go."

"Woo!" I giggle and put the radio on. September by Earth, Wind and Fire comes on. I squeak and start singing along.

"Do you remember the twenty first night of September?

Love was changing the minds of pretenders

While chasing the clouds away..."

Michael giggles. "Don't do that."

"Don't do what?"