Chapter 56- All Over

Chapter 56

"I need to get myself right before we have this child. I don't know what to do!" Michael exclaims as we head back to the parking lot, leaves rustling around us.

"Don't stress. Everything will be okay." I assure him quietly.

He turns to me. "I'm scared that I'll be a terrible father. A drugged up, no good dad that our child will be ashamed of."

"Don't you dare say that. Our child will be damn proud of such a remarkable man like you. This will even bring us closer."

"Closer?"

"Yes. We'll trust, love, and be open to each other even more than we are now. I'm going to help you. Don't worry."

Michael helps me inside the car, taking care of the wheelchair and starting the car before I speak up again.

"Baby? How long has this been going on?"

He swallows. "A month before you left me," he whispers.

I look down and press the palm of my hand with the tips of my fingernails.

"Michael..."

He shakes his head. "You can't tell me that you're not even a little ashamed of me."

I turn my head in this direction. "That's exactly what I'm telling you. Ashamed? Never. Not of you."

"What if the media finds out, and starts making lies about me?" He asks with some fear.

"Then I'll find a way to tell the world that it's fake garbage and they shouldn't feed into it."

"So, you're really not embarrassed?"

"No, baby. Not at all. As your--your girlfriend, I want to help you." I stumble through my last sentence.

"Girlfriend?"

I nod. "You already said I was. And I'm really trusting that I don't regret being with you again because you know about the pain..." My voice trails off as Michael puts his right an on top of mine, rubbing my skin softly.

"Hurting you will never cross my mind. You truly have nothing to worry about."

I breathe in deeply. "So, no Tatiana?" I ask.

He sets his jaw when I say her name. Shoot, maybe I shouldn't have asked that.

"No, Alondra. No Tatiana." He says shortly.

"You sure? Because you had said you wanted to remain friends with her."

"No. I'm not ever willing to take any chance that would risk this--us, again. We are supposed to be together and me distancing myself from someone who could get in the way is respect to you and common sense on my part."

"Okay." I nod.

Pulling back in to the hospital parking lot, Michael helps me out once more. Most all the press and paparazzi are gone now.

Michael wheels me in to the hospital, where the doctor is waiting with a furious look.

"Where have you been?!" He hisses.

"Oh, we were just out getting a smoothie. I needed to get some air, too. So Michael took me," I explain to the seething man.

"We called a code on the whole hospital because we couldn't find you! Everyone was in hysterics, looking everywhere for you." He says.

"Sorry... maybe I should've mentioned it," I apologize softly.

"Maybe?" He snaps.

"Calm down, she's gone through more than we can even comprehend, so don't be hard on her." Michael steps in.

Then he wheels around the doctor to my room.

--

"Now what am I supposed to do for five-" I stop speaking when I realize who's already in the room.

"Hi," she quickly gets up from the perch she once had on the bed.

Tears pool at the corners of my eyes. Tears of anger, frustration and fear.

Why is she here?

"What are you doing here?" Michael asks for the both of us.

She walks up to us slowly.

"Tatiana, why are you here? What are you doing here?" He asks again.

"I wanted to wish Alondra a speedy recovery," she says while Michael scoffs. "And I want to say how sorry I am."

"Please, just leave." I say, looking down. Why does she have to be here? I don't want something happening between her and Michael again. I would... I would die.

"Alondra, I'm sorry. I really am, I just.. I can't help that I love Michael," she says, and Michael rolls his eyes, "but you have been through so much, and I know this. So I just want to let the hate and grudge off my chest. If Michael has moved on, and he's happy, then I guess I should do the same and find my happiness. If you're his happiness, Alondra, then I'm going to respect that."

A tear threatens to drop down from my eye and I try desperately to hold it back. Enough crying. Enough.

"I'm apologizing to both of you, because I'm truly done with all the problems I caused. I felt so threatened by you, Alondra. Someone younger than me, more pure and beautiful could steal Michael's heart just like that. It was a shock. I took it negatively at first but now I regret it. Please, I'm sorry."

I sniffle and look up at Michael. His face is steel but his eyes hold a slightly softer expression.

"I forgive you." I suddenly say in a voice that doesn't sound like my own.

Michael and Tatiana stare at me.

"What?" She squeaks. I nod.

"What? You, Alondra you forgive-"

"Yes. I do. Because I'm so deeply in love with Michael, and because I'm tired and over all the shit I had to go through to be with him," I take a deep breath and sigh, "I forgive you Tatiana."

"Thanks." She says.

"But I won't forget. All those things you did to me, Michael too, I won't forget them."

"What she's trying to say is. We forgive you, but please stay away from us."

"Stay away?" She asks quietly.

Michael nods. "Please. If you want me to continue to be happy, just let us be."

She fiddles with her fingers, not even trying to mask her guilty face.

"Don't forget what we had Michael." She whispers. "Get better Alondra."

With that, she walks around us and leaves the room, the door shutting behind us.

"God!" I burst into tears and Michael tenderly carries me to the bed.

"Michael, why am I so bothered by her? Why do I think she's going to-"

"She isn't." He interrupts and tips my nose.

"You don't even know what I was gonna say," I pout.

"And I don't have to know. Sweetheart, look at me," he turns my face toward his, "nothing will tear us apart. I don't care what it is, who it is, the circumstances, I don't care. Our love is too strong for that shit."

I wrap my arms around his neck and nestle my face against his chest. "You're always right."

"Almost always." Michael corrects with a wink.

"When I saw her, I right about lost it." I say.

"It's now just you and me. That's," he nods to the door, "my past, you and our baby are my future."

I smile shakily as he kisses my forehead.

That part of our lives is all over.

--

Chapter 56

Are y'all glad Tatiana apologized?

Vote

Comment

Share

~Joy ✌️