Chapter 15- Night on the Roof

Chapter 15

I'm so shocked. I didn't bother asking Michael where the date would be, because he would just say that it's a surprise. But this?

The propellers of the helicopter are wiping around, creating a strong wind and a loud sound of the engine.

"Ms. Cade," the man calls over the noise. He helps me step into the helicopter carefully and I sit down in the back.

"I am James by the way. A good friend of Michael's," he explains. I nod and give a smile. Speaking of Michael, I wonder where he is. I soon notice that the plane is pitch black.

"Um.. Could we switch on the lights?"

James reaches up to turn on the lights and I feel something (someone, rather) next to me.

I turn to my right and scream, holding my hand to my chest and breathing violently. "Oh my goodness, Michael!" I gasp. He gives a small smile.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, didn't mean to startle you. Oh.. You look absolutely stunning." He says.

He glances at my dress and up to my hair and then frowns. "Except for one thing."

He reaches up and takes the pin out of my hair, letting the wavy, dark brown fall past my shoulders and to my mid-waist.

"Much better." He smiles and holds my hand. I smile back at him and relax a little bit.

"You look great Michael," I say. He's wearing a black jacket with a red tie, armband, and black fedora. His curls are held in a low pony tail, with some covering his perfect face. He doesn't say anything, just kisses my cheek.

"Aren't you going to ask where we are going?" Asks Michael. I shrug and lean back.

"Well, I know you won't tell me. You'll probably tell me that it's a surprise." I explain. He giggles at me.

"Looks like you know me very well," He says. I look out of the window and see the city brightened with lights.

"We're staying in the city, right?" I ask.

"Of course! In fact, we're here now." He replies. Where? We're just hovering over a building. Surely we have to land.

"Well then, where are we landing?" I question, getting a bit confused.

"James, land it here," Michael says, and we plummet down to a huge rooftop, big enough to fit two good-sized helicopters.

James opens the door and the wind instantly batters me. Thank goodness I wore a tight dress tonight.

He helps Michael down and then Michael helps me down. I brush myself off and turn to him.

"Shall we?" He asks, holding out his arm. Still confused, I take his his arm and we walk together.

"Michael, where are we? If we--" He cuts me off by turning me around.

A boutique of roses sits in a carved vase on a beautiful table. A pasta dinner is steaming hot and two glasses of wine rest next to each plate.

Behind us, a friendly violinist is playing a Beethoven piece. He smiles and winks before continuing to play. I turn around to Michael, not knowing what to say. I stumble over my words and then he hugs me tightly.

"Just enjoy this sweetheart, a night on the rooftop." He says softly in my ear.

Leading me to the dinner table, he pulls out a seat for me and then goes around to sit one the other side.
We give grace for the food and then dig in. I groan in satisfaction and he smiles widely.

"Mhm, this is incredible!" I say, my voice muffled because it's filled with the spaghetti.

"Um, you got a little, sauce.." He points to my face and I feel myself go red. I'm so embarrassed! I don't know what happened to my table manners.

"Here, I'll get it." Michael reaches over and wipes my face with a napkin.

"Thanks," I mumble, looking down. He takes my hand and massages it, fixing the watch on my wrist.

"I hope you're having a great time with me," He says. I look up and push away the embarrassment, giving him a smile.

"Oh, of course! This is amazing, I can't believe you would do all of this for me."

"Great! Let's spice it up," Michael replies. Spice it up? What could that mean?

"Would you dance with me?" He asks. It's been years since I've danced. With my Spanish background, I was a killer in salsa and tango. I hope I've still got it in me.

He walks over to me and takes my hand in his.

"What do you like to dance to?" He asks.

I ponder this for a moment. I think that both of us are too shy to salsa, and tango is more passionate and romantic.

"I like to tango," I say with a small smile.

"Amazing! Let's." Michael replies.
The violinist starts to play the different genre type. He holds my waist gently with one hand in mine. We start to dance and Michael moves so lightly. No wonder he's such a great dancer.

He spins me around and grabs a rose from the table, putting it into his mouth. He leans me back and growls before lifting me up again.

I laugh and blush before letting go of him twirling in my dress.

"You dance so gracefully," He says, now standing there and watching me.

"Of course I do, I'm a Latina!" I don't know where the confidence came from, but I'm glad it came. Michael thinks I'm a good dancer!

"Could you teach me how to do that?" He asks, pointing to my feet as I'm doing the move. I roll my eyes at him.

"You could learn this in a heartbeat! So you put your right foot.."

For a while, we teach each other dance moves. I teach him how to samba and sure enough, he is a fast learner. He tries to teach me how to do the robot, but it just turns into a laughing fest.

"That's the most fun I've had in a while," Michael says, still giggling a bit. I nod at him.

"Me too," I hug myself to keep warm because it's gotten windier through our date. Michael shrugs off his jacket and drapes it over me.

"Michael, I'm fine. You can keep your jacket, really." I say, already starting to take it off.

"No. I want you to keep it. You need it more than I do." He puts his hand on my shoulder and kisses my cheek.

"You're so sweet," I whisper. He smiles and the helicopter comes back to retrieve us from the rooftop.

"We've got to do this again," Michael remarks.

"I'm up for it," I stretch my body out and yawn, curling up in the seat. I feel Michael's large hand rubbing my back.

"Alondra." He says.

"Hmm?"

"You've still got to tell me something." I try to remember what I have to tell him before I finally do. My dream. My flashback. Dread fills within me slowly.

--

Chapter 15!❤️

Vote, comment, and keep reading! Should she tell Michael? What will happen? To be continued..

~Joy ✌️