Chapter 24- A Couple Forevers

Chapter 24

We arrive back at Neverland and I look over at Michael. His whole face is soiled with ice cream. I dissolve in laughter and he gives me a weird look.

"What? I want to laugh," he whines. I cover my mouth, still giggling, and lead him to a mirror. Of course, he starts to chuckle.

"Can you hand me a cloth?" He asks, still smiling at himself.

I nod and grab a paper towel from the kitchen before handing it to him. He thanks me and wipes off his face.

"Soo, what now then?" I ask.

"Do you want to play some arcade games?" He questions. I agree instantly.

"I'm always up for a challenge," I say with a smile.

"I'll race you," Michael says, sizing me up. I shrug.

"Alright, first one to the game room." I say.

Before I can say anything else, Michael swings me over his shoulder and starts to sprint. I shout in surprise but then start to laugh.

"Michael, put me down!" I demand playfully. I am finally placed down by him and he has a silly look on his face.

"What was that about?" I ask, smiling.

"I did that so you wouldn't cheat, just like you did the last time we raced," he says.

My mind goes back that time, the evening when Michael and I enjoyed what Neverland had to offer. I laugh to myself when I remember 'bending' the rules.

"I honestly wasn't going to cheat! My days of doing that are over," I assure him.

He gives me a skeptical look. He doesn't believe me? I would believe me.

"We'll see if they really are, I mean, this is a room full of games. Where should we start?" He asks.

"Pac-man," I say immediately, dashing toward the arcade system.

"Please, hurry and make a decision," Michael says sarcastically. I roll my eyes and click a button to start the game.

My eyes and his are glued to every move I make. I stare at the screen, getting a feel of what moves I was making with my hands and not having to look down. It felt like a split second to me, but my character dies and I huff in disappointment.

"That fast? No fair!" I complain.

"Sweetheart, you played for an hour and a half," Michael says. My mouth falls open.

"What? How?" I'm so confused. There's now way that amount of time passed, it felt like a minute or two!

Michael shrugs. "I don't know, really. I guess you were so into the game that you didn't realize."

"Now I truly understand the saying of 'Time flies when you're having fun,'" I murmur.

"Well you chose Pac-man, so now you have to wait until I lose, or beat your score." He replies.

I inwardly groan. Why couldn't I have done something else that requires to people at a time.. like a game of pool?

"Actually," I start, looking over at the pool table at the other side of the room, "Can you teach me how to play pool Michael? I've always wanted to learn."

He glances at me and I make sure to add a slight pout for good measure. He sighs and it's then I know that he's ready to give in.

"Okay sweetheart, sure."

He saunters over to the table and grabs two pool sticks. He hands one to me and a white ball.

"The first thing you do is put the white ball down and aim your stick to where it will hit one of the colored balls, sending it down a hole. To do that, it's best to get in a stance like this.."