Chapter 29- Baby

Chapter 29

"Sweetheart," I hear and feel Michael's calming whisper tickle my ear.

I open my eyes instantly and expect to see the Neverland gates. But instead I find the outdoors, a wide open space.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"I hope you don't mind, but I didn't want to go home yet so I brought you to this park," he says.

"Of course I don't mind. As long as I'm with you," I reply, pushing myself out of the comfortable position against his chest.

"Great. Come on," he takes my hand and we step out of the vehicle and then he links arms with me.

"Shall we my lady?" He asks. I do a small curtsy with my skirt and let out a small giggle.

"Yes, we shall," then we skip goofily all the way from the parking lot to the park.

Michael looks up at a tall tree, his hands on his small waist.

"Do you think I can climb this?" He questions while pointing to the tree.

"Of course. You climb trees all the time." I answer.

"Climb it with me?"

I gesture to my outfit. "I'm not really ready for tree-climbing," I say.

"Neither am I! Just kick off your sandals and be careful with the splinters. Come on," he says.

I do what Michael said and walk up to the tree. I swing myself up, reaching the first branch until I feel something pierce my skin on my leg.

"Ouch!" I exclaim and I sit back on the branch, holding my leg.

"What is it?" Michael asks, quickly climbing up to me.

"I.. I think I hurt myself."

"Let me see." He perches next to me and takes my hands away from my leg, revealing a splinter.

"Dammit. You got a splinter right here. I'm going to pull it out okay sweetheart?"

I nod quietly and hold him tight, hiding my face in his chest as he carefully pulls it out.

"Ow," I whimper.

"It's okay, it's out. It just left a little bruise but you'll be fine." He says.

"Okay, thanks." I examine my leg and he's right. It's a small bruise on the side of my calf.

"We should get down, shouldn't we?" Michael asks.

"Yeah," I smile a little and start climbing down the tree, soon feeling the grass under my feet.

I turn around and Michael is nowhere to be seen. I even search up in the tree, nothing.

"Michael?" I call out.

I look around the tree trunk and then bump into him. He lets out a scream and I do too, frightened by his scream.

"You scared me!" I exclaim.

"I scared you?!" He gives a laugh and then we suddenly break out in laughter, so strong we fall back onto the grass with giggles.

He gets closer to me until he's on top of me. My laughs die down a bit and I look at him.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm being romantic with you."

I try to climb on top of him and we start rolling down a small hill, altering positions with each other. At the bottom of the hill, he still ends up on top of me.