Chapter 4- Heartbreak and Happiness

Chapter 4

"Alondra? Wake up."

I hear a muffled voice above me and I struggle to pry my eyes open to eliminate the darkness. I see a concerned Michael looking down upon me.

"What happened?" I ask.

"You fainted.." He replies.

"Why?"

"Because I told you who I am."

I suddenly remember that I'm in the presence of the King of Pop himself. My cheeks redden in embarassment.

"I'm sorry. I just--"

"No need to apologize."

He gives me a reassuring smile and I relax a bit.

"I'm a really big fan, meeting you is absolutely amazing." I confess.

"Well thank you. Would you like an autograph?"

"No that's fine. You've done so much for me, I feel like I am in debt to you already." I say laughing.

He laughs along with me and helps me sit up.

"Here, I'll get you a glass of water."

He goes off to the kitchen and I struggle to my feet, removing the cold wash cloth that once rested on my head.

He comes back with the water and I take three big gulps.

"Thank you, that was refreshing."

"Anything for you," He replies.

"Would you still like to know about me? I never got to finish since, you know.."

"Right right. You can go on." I say.

We sit back down on the sofa and Michael starts up again.

"Alright. So, if there's one thing you should know about me, is that I love music. Music and me are one, its my life and I wouldn't trade my love for it with anything.

"I started preforming at five years old, and to admit, I didn't like it much. All the kids my age were playing, having fun.. while my brothers and I had to rehearse, rehearse, that's all we did. I missed out on my childhood.

"And Joseph, my father, wanted us to get it right all the time. To the point where, he would physically beat us.."

Michael's eyes start getting glossy, and my heart breaks when I see his pain.

"I remember feeling pure hate when he would beat me. It it wasn't just that. Sometimes I don't even know what I did wrong. He caused me emotional pain too, and.. I'm sorry. This is just hard to talk about."

I shift closer to him, feeling the need to comfort him as I hold his hand.

"Let it out. You'll feel better." I say.

He nods and squeezes my hand tightly.

"But I guess I owe him. I mean, look where I am today. Successful, I love my life, my music."

I nod understandingly.

"It was very nice and brave of you to share that with me Michael."

"I feel like I've been blessed today more than other days." He says.

I look up at him.

"And why is that?"

"Because a beautiful girl is finally in my life, someone who cares, and I don't have to feel lonely anymore."

I blush as he lowers himself to kiss my forehead.

***

"Michael? I think I'm going to head back." I say after he showed me some of his awards and possible songs for the future.

"Alondra, no. You are not going back there, you have a home now."

He lifts up his arms, gesturing to the walls.

"You mean, I can live here with you?" I ask excitedly.

"Of course." He replies.

I run up and jump on him, squeezing him tightly.

"Thank you Michael," I say softly.

"You're welcome."

I pull back and stretch my arms upward as a large yawn escapes my mouth.

"Tired?" He asks.

"Come, let's go to bed." He takes my hand and leads me up the stairs to his room.

He carries me into the bed and then snuggles up beside me.

"Goodnight Alondra," He whispers before killing the lights.

Too tired to protest, I reply goodnight and drift to sleep, happier than I've ever been.

Thank you guys for sticking with me, even when I haven't updated in almost a month. I love you, I love you, I love you! Comment and like! - Joy