Chapter 19- Over and Done

Chapter 19

"Hello? Earth to Alondra," Cameron says with a chuckle while waving his palm in front of my face.

"What, yes?" I ask, still thrown off by who I saw.

If I'm not mistaken, that was Ching Lang Fen. God knows she gave me hell during my first attempt at college.

She is two years ahead of me now, since I've had a delay in my education. Ching Lang isn't even a bully, she's got a whole other level made just for her.

She claimed that she's royalty, a descendent from a king in one of the Chinese dynasties. Because of that, she treated everyone like lower life forms, just to boost herself up.

I worked hard to try not to let her get to me, but it was terribly difficult. At one point, she started spreading rumors that I was a leader of a drug cartel just because of my Mexican background.

She sneered and taunted me from the minute she saw me, and I will never know what she'd been holding against me. I can help but wonder what the heck shes doing here, at this college? What are the odds that we end up in the same place? I just hope that maybe she was visiting and that I'll never have to see her again.

I shake my head to clear it of the unpleasant memories and look over at a concerned Cameron. I give a smile, telling him that I'm okay.

"I had a really fun time with you Alondra," he says, smiling back. I nod as we continue down the walkway and across a bridge.

"Me too, Cameron. I'm glad I've met someone even before school really starts for me, it's really eased my conscience." I explain to him.

"Well, I'm glad I could help with that. Er, may I have your phone number? I'd love to keep in touch," he says a bit nervously.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have a phone at the moment," I say, my mind going back to when I smashed it accidentally on the day my parents died.

"Forgive me for assuming. Maybe we could meet before school, here on this bridge? I could walk you to class." He remarks.

"That would be great Cameron," I reply happily. Together, we walk off the bridge and to the parking lot where Kristen and James are waiting for me. I turn back to Cameron.

"Thanks again for, everything basically," I giggle. He waves it off casually.

"Don't worry about it. I had fun with you," he says.

"Me too." In less than a second, Cameron and I are locked in a sweet hug. I pull away and start to blush a little.

"Tomorrow on the bridge?" He says, calling over his shoulder as he walks away.

"Of course!" I say while waving. He disappears back into the lobby and I sigh and turn around, making my way to Kristen and James. They're standing outside of the Escalade.

"Hey you two," I say with a smile. We climb inside and drive on back to Neverland. The mood of the car is awkward, so I survey both of them.

"So, how was the tour?" James asks. I look over at him and he has lipstick on his mouth and his hair is a mess. Where they..

"It was fine.." I say, turning to look at Kristen. She quickly shrugs on her jacket and zips it up before reaching down to strap her shoes. I pull her close to me to whisper in her ear.

"What is up with you two?" I ask, wiggling my eyebrows at her. She shakes her head and laughs.

"Oh, I don't know, what about you and Michael, hmm?" She says, turning the tables. I brush my hair back and cross my arms.