Chapter 11- Kids

Chapter 11

"Let's go." Michael says.

"Go where?"

"We never really finished exploring Neverland that day." He replies.

"Oh, okay. Just let me change." I say. He gives me a look.

"You like fine as you are." Michael says, eyeing my outfit. I shake my head, remembering how weird felt when my pants rode up on the motorcycle ride.

"I'll be quick," I say, hurrying past him and to my closet. I shimmy out of the jean shorts and pull out a pair of comfy sweatpants. I remove my Ray Bans and tie up my hair. Michael is waiting for me outside.

"You still look great. I don't understand why you changed." I decide not to answer him. I know I'll get embarrassed if I do.

"It's alright, let's just go. And one more thing." I take off his Ray Bans, finally viewing his coffee brown eyes.

"You've been hiding behind those all day," I say smiling. He gladly smiles back and throws a fedora onto his head.

"Well, I've got to have some type of accessory." He says, pointing to the stylish hat.

I take my bottom lip in my mouth as Michael laces his fingers with mine, taking me out the door.

"Carousel!" Michael yells, letting go of my hand, pointing in front of him. Lights shine and music plays on the ride.

"You're such a kid!" I say, laughing.

He pouts slightly. "Well, so are you! You're even younger than me," he says. I don't even know how old Michael is. I'll have to ask him that later.

"I'll beat you there." He says. I look over and smile. "Challenge accepted."

"On your mark, get set--" But I'm already off, closing the distance between myself and the ride.

"Hey, you cheater!" I start laughing when I hear his playful accusations called out behind me.

When I finally reach the carousel, I hold my knees and bend over, panting. Seconds later, Michael is doing the same next to me.

"Why did you cheat?" He asks after catching his breath, crossing his arms. I don't answer him, I just leave a kiss on his cheek with a smile.

"Come on, get on!" I slip myself onto a white little pony with a golden mane. Michael hops onto a brown one, clutching the railing in front of me. He looks back at me and winks, and then the ride starts.

I look at the evening as it starts getting dark. I swing my hair when I realize Michael is watching me intently, and smile at him. When the ride stops, I get off of the miniature horse and jump onto Michael's back.

"Whoa!" He says, holding the back of my legs so I don't slide off. I grip his shoulders, pulling myself up a little more.

"I love your piggy back rides," I say into his ear. He smiles and starts walking, leaving the carousel behind.

"Where to now?" I ask.

"The lion cave," Michael replies.

"The what?!" I squeal. My grip on his taut shoulders tighten and I swing my legs around the front of his body.

He starts laughing as we walk on. "You're so cute. And I'm only joking. We're going to the train." He says.

I blush before settling down again. "Right," I mutter.

We soon arrive there and I climb off of Michael, heading to the very back of the train. Michael follows me and sits next to me.

"CHOO CHOO!" I yell, pumping my fist up and down as if I were the conductor.

"And you said I was the kid.." Michael murmurs.

"I heard that. You're not that smooth of a criminal you know."

He rolls his eyes and I grin, pushing back his curls under his fedora.

"Do you like touching me?" He asks. I look at him, nodding at his obvious question.

"Of course I do. Is that a problem, Jackson?" I ask.

"I'm just saying. It's like you can't go a couple minutes without touching me." He says casually.

I open my mouth, close it, and open it again, thinking of what to say.

"I can so. I bet I won't touch you for the whole night. You're the one who can't." I say.

"That's why I didn't make such a prideful bet like you did. Because I know I can't. It's impossible," he gives me a smile.

The train ride ends and Michael gets off, me getting off after him.

"One more place, and then it's lights out." He says.

He leads me through fields a beautiful shade of green, and we stop in front of a tall bush.

He bends down and snaps off the stem of a beautiful pink rose. He uses his fingers to delicately put it in my hair before kissing my dark brown locks.

I just want to hug him so tight.. But I can't. Me and my big mouth.

"You look gorgeous in the moonlight," he says softly.

"T-Thank you," I stutter.

I reach out to grab his hand but then pull back just as quickly.

"You can always call off that bet," Michael says. Once again, my pride gets the best of me.

"Nope," instantly giving myself a mental smack upside the head for voicing that word. Why must I be so dumb sometimes?

We lay down in the green fields and look up at the twinkling stars.

"Tonight is so beautiful." I whisper.

"Almost as beautiful as you." I feel Michael look over at me, but I refuse to meet his gaze. I'm relieved that it's dark, so he won't see me blush.

"Come on, let's head back." Michael says. I see his hand outstretched to me. I take it and he starts laughing.

"You touched me! I knew I was irresistible." He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I start to laugh.

"Whatever Michael! Just take me home."

We walk together to Michael's house and despite my fatigue, I stumble into the bathroom to take a quick shower, carefully leaving the flower on the bedside table.

When I get out of the shower, I rush out and into my closet, slipping on PJ's with toy boats on them and I wring out my damp hair. When I get out, Michael is waiting for me in the king-sized bed. I climb in with him and he snuggles up next to me.

"Get your rest. We have to be on set at seven."

"Seven?! Ughh." I groan. He laughs before kissing my ear and reaches over me to turn off the lights.

"Goodnight sweetheart."

"Goodnight." I turn so that my back is to Michael.

After a while, Michael shifts closer to me and wraps himself around me, tight. I couldn't get out of his hold if I wanted to. His face is hidden behind my shoulder and I sigh, accepting the position we're in.

Soon, I fall asleep.

--

Comment and vote please! You guys are the best readers!! Feedback maybe? What do you think will happen? ☺️

~Joy