Chapter 33- Getting Back

Chapter 33

I muster all of the courage in me to go to Michael, which really isn't much. I don't want to go to him without knowing what I forgot, but I still don't have a clue and I need to tell him about the party I already said I'd go to.

I feel my legs carry me to the door of his office and I knock weakly against the locked door.

"Mike, please let me in," I plead.

After three minutes with no answer, I knock again. "Come on," I mumble.

"What?" He asks, annoyed.

"Let me in," I repeat.

"Do you know what today is?" He questions. I sigh and lean against the door.

"I'm still thinking about it." I say. I hear the door unlock and quickly move away from it.

When it opens, I see Michael still showing an angry expression.

"You're unbelievable." He scoffs.

"What?" My voice comes out small and shaky.

"Nothing. Now what did you want?" He asks.

My body goes limp from nervousness and my throat becomes incredibly dry. I feel like my stomach is filled with acid. I have to get this out of my mouth somehow.

"I..I'm going to a party tonight." I say quickly. All he does is shake his head.

"You know what? That's fine. Do whatever you want princess." He says before closing and locking the door again.

My heart flops in my chest. He said it was fine, but I know it's not. And the way he called me princess made the hairs on my neck stand up.

Well, technically he did give me confirmation..

Feeling guilty all the while, I go upstairs to get ready for the party.

I take a short shower using Michael's citrus body wash and then step out. I put on some fresh underwear and then step into a cheetah-print maxi skirt and a white tank top. I curl my hair and put on lip gloss, adding a gold chain around my neck. I slip on black flats and grab a brown Coach hand bag before starting downstairs.

I can't believe I still don't have the slightest idea as to what Michael is upset about. It hurts that he's shutting me out, it must be something big.

I head to the garage and view all the rows of vehicles he has. I know he won't like me driving alone, I'm slowly inching into the public eye. But I know I can't ask him for a ride, and showing up in a limo would attract way too much attention.

I decide to go with the Bentley. I get in and open the garage door, backing out slowly. Soon, I'm off.

--

It takes me about thirty minutes to arrive to Cameron's place. I notice the exterior is very nice as I exit the car. I walk up to the porch, music getting louder with every step, and realize the door is already open.

As I walk in, the smell of smoke and alcohol hit me like a brick wall. Drunkies are all around the house, red solo cups scattered everywhere, couples showing too much affection. A typical college party.

I search around for Cameron and find him with the same group of friends he introduced me to on the first day.

"Alondra!" He greets me with a friendly hug and I smile.

"Hey Cameron," I say, sitting next to him. He smells of Jack Daniels.

Logan and Conor say hello to me while Luis just sits in the corner, sulking, but his eyes meet mine. What's the matter with him?