Chapter 65- Poison

Chapter 65

A few moments pass and there's a tense silence hanging over the room like a hazy, misty fog.

Michael hasn't said a word, but instead looks in every direction, trying to think of something to say.

More time slides by. Losing patience, I sigh and tap my foot.

I step out for an appointment, that he forced me to go to, and now he has some woman in the house.

This doesn't seem fair at all. What could they possibly be talking about? I definitely have the right to know.

"Well Michael? I ask. Who is she?" I gesture to the woman who's still sitting in front of him, obviously uncomfortable.

"You didn't stop for lunch? You weren't hungry?" He asks.

The nerve of this man, to think he can just change the subject like that.

"Hello? Serious matter here. You're meeting with some random mystery woman that I know nothing about. I think the issue about lunch can surely wait."

He clamps his mouth shut and looks around.

"Answer. The question. Who the hell is she?"

He opens his mouth again but I hold my hand up.

"You know what? I don't think I even want to know."

I turn to the lady and fold my arms angrily.

"Look, whoever you are. I don't know why you're here but that's not the point, that's not important. What's important is that Michael is my man. He's mine. See?"

I hold up my hand and flash the huge rock that fits on my finger.

"He's happily engaged to me. Okay? And I'm pregnant. Nearly six fucking months pregnant." I his at her.

She gives me a small smile. What the hell is there to smile about? This situation is not the least bit happy, nor amusing.

"She really loves you Michael."

He nods. "Yes, she does. But I love her even more. More than she will ever understand."

The woman slowly stands from the chair. "I guess I should be going."

"Ms. Haywood, I'm so sorry.." He apologizes.

"Well I'm not," I snap at her. "Go. Ta ta!"

"Maybe we could try to meet again." Michael says softly.

"Meet again? Are you crazy? Hell no you're not going to 'meet again'! Get out of my house and stay away from my man!"

She chuckles and walks to the door. "I'm not after your man Alondra. I'm really not. Goodbye Michael, and please, don't worry about today. She loves you."

With that she shuts the door behind her and I hear her heels clicking away.

I run my hands through my hair and breathe out. "Bitch."

Michael finally turns to me. "Sweetheart-"

"Don't." I murmur, stopping him in his tracks. "Don't."

I then stride toward the door and leave the room.

I need to cool down. Before I rip my hair out.

--

During my chill session, I decide to recline in the library with a 1984 issue of Musician, to where Michael's perfect face was on the cover.

The thing is, I'm not even reading the magazine. I'm only staring at the cover.

He is beautiful. Truly. I am so lucky, no, blessed, to have him.