Chapter 32- Should I Know?

Chapter 32

A few weeks have passed and my love for Michael only gets stronger. College has been going great, surprisingly Ching has found someone else to belittle.

My classes are over for the week and Cameron runs up to me in front of the school.

"Hey Alondra, before you go.. I'm having a party tonight at my house and it'd be awesome if you can come." He says.

I hesitate. It will be fun to go but I don't know if Michael will be okay with it.

"Um.."

Then I realize that I'm twenty now, and I make decisions for myself. He's my boyfriend, not my dad.

"Yeah sure, I'll be there." I say with a smile.

"Nice! See you then?" He asks, giving me the time and place.

"Yeah," I smile and off he goes.

I get back to Neverland and Michael is nowhere to be seen.

"Baby? I'm back," I call.

He comes up from one of the doors and runs to me, all-smiles.

"Sweetheart, I need to show you something," he says excitedly.

I laugh as he drags me behind him.

"This better be good Michael," I say jokingly. We stop at a door with a keypad next to it.

"How have I never seen this?" I ask.

"I've done my best to keep it a secret. I was just waiting for the right time to show you." He says while covering the keypad and punching numbers in.

"What, so I'm not special enough to know the code to get in?"

"Sweetheart. Besides me, your the only person that has set foot in here."

He takes my hand and we step into a private recording studio.

"Wow.." I look around in awe at the sound booths and microphones. He leads me to the control room.

"Okay, I want you to hear this song. I wrote it back in '83 and demoed it but Quincy said it wasn't good enough for the Thriller album. It was written about someone else, but I'm sure it would've been about you if I knew you back then." He says.

"I'd love to hear it," I reply.

"Good. Enjoy." He gives me a kiss before hurrying into the isolation booth and putting on his headphones. He takes a deep breath and stands in front of the microphone, opening his mouth to sing.

"One, two, three
Baby, love never felt so good
And I doubt if it ever could
Not like you hold me, hold me
Oh baby
Love never felt so fine
And I doubt if it's ever mine
Not like you hold me, hold me

"And the night's gonna be just fine
Gotta fly, Gotta see, Can't believe
I can't take it cause

"Baby,
Every time I love you
In and out my life
In and out baby
Tell me
If you really love me
It's in and out my life
In and out baby
So baby
Love never felt so good."

He finishes the rest of the booth and once he does, I get up and cheer, running into the booth.

"Well, did you like it?" He asks.

"Oh Michael, that was beautiful! And yes, I really love you," I say, giving him a sweet kiss.

Just as I want to pull away, he prolongs the kiss by walking me into the wall and pushing me against it.

"So.. Do you know what today is?" I feel his warm breath fan my face.

"Nope, what is it?" I ask.

Michael suddenly pulls away with a slightly hurt expression on his face.

"You really don't know?"

"Um, should I know?" I say hesitantly. That's a huge mistake I made.

He steps out of the isolation room and the studio, storming away. I quickly follow after him.

"What's the matter? We were just having an amazing moment--" I start.

"Yes, we were. But you obviously don't love me enough to remember the days we spend together that shouldn't be forgotten."

"Nonsense! I love you so much. People make mistakes, it just slips my mind at the moment," I argue.

He gives me a glare. One so strong I have to look away. I've never seen him so annoyed, pissed, and angry, all in one.

"Michael, please don't be this way," I plead.

"You should be reminding me about it, not the other way around!" He raises his voice.

"Just tell me what it is!"

"No. Figure it out yourself."

With that he turns swiftly on his heel and walks away, slamming his office door behind him.

Oh goodness, what did I forget?

Chapter 32 😄

Vote

Comment

Share