Chapter 3- Identities Revealed

Chapter 3

Michael leads me to the living room and tells me to sit down.

A blonde woman in a cleaning outfit shows up almost instantly.

"Kristen will help you get cleaned up," he says.

She gives a small smile and leads me to a bathroom.

"Go ahead and take a shower, right across from here is the guest room with fresh clothes set out on the bed."

"Thank you Kristen," I say and she nods before closing the door behind her.

I remove my musty, dirty clothes and step into the shower, turning on the warm water and letting it rain on my body.

I've missed the feeling of showering. For once in a long time, I can actually feel clean.

I'm still trying to figure out who this man is. In order to have such a huge house, I'm sure he has to be some sort of celebrity. But who..

I get out of the shower and dry myself, making sure to brush my teeth as well with a spare I found in the cabinet. Then I make the scary five-second trip of nakedness to the guest bedroom.

I get inside and lock the door. Once I turn around, I'm gasping in amazement. This house is like a damn palace.

The room had high celings and stairs that lead to the queen-sized bed. There's a dresser and three different full body mirrors along one of the walls.

I climb the steps to the huge bed and a pair of jean shorts and a sweatshirt are waiting for me.

I look around in the dresser until I find undergarmets. I pull open the third drawer and its filled with bras and underwear. They're all my size, weird..

I shrug and put them on before the shorts and sweatshirt. I leave my wet hair down and exit from the bedroom.

Its like a huge maze in this house, so I call Michael.

"Michael! Where are you?"

"Down here."

He appears at the bottom of the stairs and I make my way down toward him.

"I didn't quite catch your name darling," he says softly.

"Oh, right. I'm Alondra Cade." I say smiling.

"Well Alondra, you are very beautiful."

I giggle and blush brightly.

"Thank you Michael," I say.

"Come, I'm sure you're starving."

He leads me to the dining room where a huge buffet is set out across a long table.

I stare longingly, and hope that my mouth isn't watering too badly from the smell of heaven wafting up to my nose.

"Go ahead, help yourself."

I grin and move almost too quickly toward the table. I grab a plate and move around the table, piling my plate high with everything I see: steak, french fries, rice, potatoes, pie, everything.

I sit down once I'm finished and start eating. Michael takes a seat next to me.

I eat in silence until I'm finished, and then drink a sip of cranberry juice.

"Alondra," he whispers.

I look up at him and force myself to swallow my juice.

"Yes?"

"Would you like to tell me how you ended up without a home?"

Painful, depressing memories fill my mind again and I screw my eyes shut and sigh sadly.

"No," I whisper.

He sighs and takes my dirty plate while I wash off my hands.

"Well, I want to know. So please tell me."

His voice is so soft and persuasive, I could just gush out my whole life story.

"Okay. When I was in college, my parents wanted to pay me a visit. So while they were driving, they got in an accident with a drunk driver, and died.."

The word 'died' sounds so foreign in my mouth, but that's what happened, they died. And the drunk driver was untouched. Not so much of a scratch.

I look up and Michael has concern in his eyes, but arches his eyebrow wanting me to continue.

"And, when I found out I was so depressed. I dropped out of college and fell behind on my rent, so the landlord kicked me out. I've been living on that street for almost two years. I've almost been raped three times, and I always cut myself. In fact, I was suicidal. Maybe I still am."

Tears pool in my eyes and there's no stopping them from falling.

I roll up my sweatshirt to reveal the faint scars from all the cutting on my arms.

"Do you still do this? Please say no.."

I don't answer him.

"Stop," he whispers.

"It's not that easy." I say.

"I can help you Alondra."

I suddenly feel Michael's hand softly rubbing mine. I look up and his eyes bore in to me.

"How old are you?" He asks.

"I'm nineteen."

He gapes at me and then pulls me in for a hug.

"You've had so much heartache.. don't worry. The worst is over." He whispers.

"But, how do you know that?" I ask between sobs.

"Shh, just trust me. I know."

I nod and then pull away from him, wiping my tears and sniffing.

"So, I've told you my story. Can I hear yours?" I say.

He gives a small smile as I cross my legs and look at him curiously.

"Okay. Please don't freak out, or scream or yell. But, I'm Michael--"

"I know that. I want to know about your life." I cut him off.

"No, I'm not finished yet. I'm.. Michael Jackson." He says.

Michael Jackson? Oh my god, its Michael Jackson.. I feel my heart begin to race as I sway dangerously. Soon, black.

All I see is black.

~~~~

Thank you all for reading! Much love xx

-Joy