Chapter 64- Wrong Idea

Chapter 64

It's been a month since that day of the incident. Michael and I (this time, he let me help) redecorated the nursery and now it looks even better than the first time.

Michael said that security still wasn't able to figure out what happened, who broke in and how. But nothing strange has happened since then.

The only thing strange is Michael. Ever since then he's been acting a bit off.

I'm not sure why. Each time I bring it up or ask him about it, he just gives me a kiss and tells me everything is alright.

"Sweetheart, get ready." Michael says, walking through the glass door that leads to the balcony.

"For?" I glance up at him.

"Your doctor's appointment. Got to make sure the baby's alright."

"The baby is fine." I assure him, feeling laziness set in.

I'm already lounged across the chair on the top balcony with a bowl of double-chocolate chip cookies in my hands.

There's a perfect breeze outside and a magnificent view of the wonder that is Neverland Ranch.

Needless to say, I do not feel like getting out of this comfortable position any time soon.

And these cookies are way too delicious for me to stop stuffing my face with them.

"I'm sure he or she is doing great in there, but I'd like the doctor's word for it."

I roll my eyes inwardly and grunt, knowing he's right about the matter.

"When's the appointment?"

"In fourty-five minutes," He replies.

"I'll start to get ready in fifteen." I say.

Procrastination is a way of life when you're pregnant.

"If you don't get ready now, baby, you'll be late."

"Stop putting me under pressure Michael! I'll get ready when I'm ready," I snap on him.

He walks closer to me. "Alondra-"

"Michael," I mock his voice. "Shut up!"

I growl and chomp on another cookie, angry at... whatever I'm angry at.

He suppresses a smile and squats in front of me. "What am I doing?"

"You're being annoying," I grumble.

Michael lets out the little laugh he was holding inside.

"How exactly?"

"I said I would get ready in a bit, but you were like 'No, baby, get ready now!' That's pressure that I don't need." I scoff.

"I was just trying to be thoughtful. I know it takes longer for you to do things so I just wanted to make sure you would have enough time." He explains, wiping away some cookie crumbs from my cheeks and chin.

I sigh, realizing my hormonal behavior, and kiss him. "I know this. Thank you, baby. Maybe I have had enough of these cookies," looking down at the empty bowl, "I'll go and get ready."

"Good girl," He grins and helps me up from the chair.

I take hold of his hand. "I'll be back down in a few, then we'll go."

"Actually sweetheart, I'm not coming along."

I frown, my eyebrows furrowed. "What? Why?"

"Because love, I've got other plans."

"Other plans more important than your fiancé and your unborn child?" I ask.

"No, never. Nothing is more important than the two of you."

"Then what-"

"Don't worry." He brings my hand up to his lips and kisses it. "I don't want you stressing about it. Besides, you'll find out sooner than later."

I decide to drop it. "I'd better." He gives me a smile and I ascend the stairs.

--

Michael's POV

Alondra and Bill left for the doctor's office about half an hour ago.

I told her to have some lunch after the appointment before coming back home.

It should give me enough time to meet with Ms. Haywood today.

"And she should be here..." I held up the watch on my wrist and then one of my bodyguards, James, walks into my office.

"Michael, Ms. Haywood is here to see you."

"Now," I mumble and smile. "Yes James, please allow her in."

"Yes sir." He leaves the room and in a few minutes, the front door bell rings.

I jog over to the door and open it. "Ms. Haywood," I smile at her.

"Mr. Jackson! Nice to finally meet you. Please, call me Sarah."

"Okay Sarah, it's nice to meet you too. And call me Michael."

We shake hands and then I invite her in and lead her into my office.

I offer her a seat in front of my desk.

"Thank you." She says.

"No, thank you for agreeing to travel to California to meet with me on this appointment. It was a bit difficult to get on the same page over the phone, and I know London is a far trip from here, so thank you."

"Oh, it was nothing," she waves it off. "No need to thank me." She assures in her crisp English accent.

"First things first, tell me about your lucky bride."

"There are so many things I could say about her," I sigh as my heart flutters in my chest.

I told her the important things, like what she likes to do, her personality.

Sarah nods and listens intently. "She sounds like a simple woman."

"Well, she definitely wouldn't want a flamboyant wedding. I don't think she would forgive me if it were over the top." I chuckle slightly.

"Then I'll make sure to keep that in mind," She says.

"Okay, and she also would-"

In mid-sentence, the door to my office cracks open and Alondra's head pokes in.

Seeing that I'm not alone, she wings in open and walks through.

"Hey my sweet," I breathe as I look at her. "You're back early."

Alondra purses her lips to the side before she looks at me. "Yeah, I'm back early."

She turns to Sarah. "Who is this?"

I look at her face and she has doubt and anger on her features.

She definitely has the wrong idea here, I groan inwardly.

--

Chapter 64

I couldn't really come up with a good chapter title. Let me know if you think of something better? Thanks!

Vote

Comment

Share

~Joy ✌️