Chapter 20- Be Mine

Chapter 20

After some time, I get off of Michael and walk to the bedroom and into my closet, pulling out a school bag that Michael bought for me. I stuff it with school books needed for tomorrow. Then, I look around for what I'll wear tomorrow.

I decide on dark wash capris with a blue and grey plaid shirt with a collar and sleeves rolled up. Then, I pull out a pair of navy blue flats.

"That'll look great on you," I hear Michael's voice behind me and jump. I didn't even know when he came in.

"You scared me," I say.

"Not my intention." He walks closer to me and sits down where I was still kneeling on the carpet. He taps his thighs, beckoning me to sit on his lap. I sigh and do as I'm told.

"I'm sorry I'm not of that much help, I didn't go to college," he says. I turn to look at him.

"Well, that's because you didn't have a choice." I reply.

"Yeah. I wish I did though," he says. I nod and he turns me around, pulling me even more toward him.

"I'm filming tomorrow, so Kristen and James will pick you up," he says.

"Oh, don't tell me this whole college thing will reduce the time we spend together," I whine.

He laughs and rolls over. Both of us are now laying on our stomachs. I squirm closer to him and kiss his ear.

"It won't. I promise you that," he says.

"Well, help me get ready. How should I do my hair?"

I pull it back into a ponytail, but Michael shakes his head. I tie it into a bun, still Michael doesn't like it. We go through at least six different hair styles until I sigh and put it in a ponytail again.

"Perfect," he says. My mouth hangs agape.

"That was the very first one I tried Michael," I say.

"It was? Oops." He does a silly face and I start to laugh. Suddenly the doorbell rings.

"You'll get it," I say, still giggling.

"Lazy girl, aren't you?" He gives a wink before getting up and walking out of the closet. I decide to follow after him.

He opens the door and Karen Faye appears.

"Hey Karen," they exchange a hug before she then greets me. Michael sounded a little unsure and confused.

"Sorry, I didn't tell you guys that I was dropping in," She apologizes quickly.

I wonder why she's here. Michael and I should be spending the rest of the day together.

"That's alright. Did you, need anything?" I ask. Michael shoots me a look and I inch back, feeling bad that I want her to leave so much.

"Actually, I was wondering if I could spend some time with both of you." She says before clearing her throat.

I'm about to open my mouth and answer when Michael grabs my hand tightly, instead causing me to gasp.

He smiles at Karen and says, "Sure! We could really use some extra company."

"Great!" She walks farther into the home and Michael pulls me back to him.

"Listen, please be nice? Any friend of mine is a friend of yours, okay?" He whispers in my ear.

I roll my eyes and start to storm away, but he pulls me back again.

"What?" I growl.

"I love you Alondra," he says with a smile. My heart can't help but race.