Thunder Buddy

I thought about the tape a lot but especially what my mom Maria said and I knew that I had to abide by her rules. She can't be here to tell me what to do but I can follow out what she wanted from me.

"Demi I need to talk to you" I quietly walked into the living room that night.
Wilmer was still working.

"Ok, but can it wait? LA rang me and said he needed to talk to you about something! he wants you to go to the studio at around 1 tomorrow"

"I have school" I replied.

"That doesn't matter, I'll give you a note" she happily replied.

"It can't wait" I blurted out and she looked at me confused.

"What's wrong?" she asked worried.

"I don't know how to say this and I don't want to explain why but I" I looked a down at my lap "I need to drop the record label" I quietly whispered. if my mom wanted me to graduate then that's what I was gonna do! like she said there will be plenty of more opportunities for me.

"What?" Demi looked at me confused "Elena you can't just 'drop' the record label" she said in a strict tone "you have a contract that you agreed to! w-why would you want that? this is an amazing opportunity for you" she looked at me confused.

"Look Demi like I said I don't want to explain ok but this is something that I have to do" I said to her "I've thought about this for awhile and I know in my heart that it's best for me"

"I'm just so confused" she replied "are you not happy?"

"Happy?" I laughed "of course I'm happy! being in the studio is the only place where I'm fully happy with myself! writing and playing music means everything to me but I have to do this for myself because it what she wante-"

"She?" demi raised her eyebrow.

"N-nothing, just know that I have to do this ok" I confidently said to her.

"F-fine" she sighed "I'll ring LA" she stood up and got the phone.

"You're sure about this?" she asked dialling the number.

"Positive" I replied.

____
DEMIS POV

I slept peacefully with Elena beside me. It was stormy and she was my thunder buddy.

I was woken out of my sleep by the bedroom window banging due to the wind.

I sat up rubbing my eyes. I looked to the window and sighed. I then looked to Elena who had a distressed look on her face as she slept.

I lightly rubbed her head and climbed out of the bed.

As I walked I heard Elena say something behind me.

"What sweetie?" I whispered but I got no reply.

I walked to the window at the other side of the room.

"Mmm" I heard Elena whine.

I ignored her as I got to the window.

"Get off me" she screamed making me jump.

"Mom, mom" she cried as she sat up in the bed I turned around panicked.

"Shh" I said quickly making my way back up to her.

"Demi" she cried as I sat down on the bed pulling her into a hug.

"It's ok, it was just a dream baby" I rocked,her running her back up and down, placing my lips to her head and leaving them there.

"I'm sorry" she whispered still crying.

"It's ok" I pecked her head.

She pulled back and wiped the tears away from her eyes.